Progress Thread Hoopty v2.0 - Back in action!

I did find out the wheels have a clear coat on them, even on the brushed aluminum lip where the funky stuff is. After some light sanding, I realized the 'oxidized' looking stuff is in the clear coat, not the aluminum.

Question is, is it worth me sanding off the clear coat, polishing the aluminum, and then spraying new clear on to try and get these to move?
No, just don't do anything to make it worse, let it be the buyers problem/choice.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Are the anniversary wheels 17x9? Also what is the offset / backspacing?

If you would like I have a login over on SVT Performance so if you will shoot me the URL of your wheel add I will post it over there.

I still have my OE anniversary wheels for sale. I've got them posted everywhere and havent had a single interested message. I dont understand how $750 isnt attractive for OE wheels and tires in decent condition?!?

I also listed a fresh 351w block with stock internals and .030 pistons for $500 and got crickets. Times are weird.

319394988_10123259492457544_2073530762447148558_n.jpg
Throw them on flea bay for 1500 with best offer and enough to cover shipping in the us..... A flipper will probably jump at it if they see this listing too lol. I don't think I've ever payed more then $300 personally for used oem wheels with tires though lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Wheel update:

Sent measurements off to dude at company #1 a week ago and the dude went silent on me. I had several questions that went unanswered.
Yesterday, I reached out to company #2. Dude was immediately responsive, AND was $563 cheaper than company #1. So, I placed the order with P Kop Motorsports out of Boston (I think?)
I have a local buddy who bought a set of CCWs from him and was very happy. So far I am impressed as well.

Should have something in 4-6 weeks.

Reactions: 3 users
I love le 10s my buddy has them on his Supra. Beautiful wheel .

I need a change myself but I can’t bring myself to do it .
Mannn I'm still sick to my stomach. There's 100 other important things I should have done with that money, but Ive been talking about this for years and well, YOLO.

The order process has been great. I did have to change to an 18x8.5 +22 front because of the Brembos, but oh well. They also talked me into a 10" wide rear wheel. But it's all done now and the order should be off to Taiwan.

• Loved It!
Reactions: 2 users
OMG OMG OMG OMG. I've wanted to fix the door pockets on every car Ive had since 2004. Today was the day I cracked that 20 year old nut.

Before and after:
d1.jpg

d2.jpg

Not to mention a shoutout to LMR for getting it to me in under 24 hours. DAYUM! I want to get it out in natural light to see how close the match is. This has a yellow shop light on it so hard to tell.

Reactions: 1 users
I have a "guy" on bookface who wants to buy my wheels - he's in CA and Im in TX. How do I arrange this so I dont get screwed? Money order only for wheels plus cost of shipping quote?

Too many bad operators out there anymore for me to trust Venmo/Paypal/etc.

Also, I'm in the process of cleaning up my shop. I built it 3 years ago and the front half has just been a mess that I have existed in. Sht piled up against the walls and in corners, but I'm finally getting everything organized. Yesterday, I pulled everything off the wall to the left of the car and got it sorted:

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

Reactions: 3 users