Progress Thread Hoopty5.0's non-hoopty-clean-up-project

• Sponsors(?)

jrichker

StangNet's favorite TOOL
SN Certified Technician
Mar 10, 2000
Dublin GA
If you can get it clean enough AFTER you drain the oil, some JB weld around the female drain boss and a new gasket may be the fix…

Otherwise it is time to remove the oil pan and braze in a new boss to put the drain plug it, or replace the oil pan.

hoopty5.0

mechanicus terribilis
Mod Dude
Dec 14, 2010
SW Houston
You would not have that problem if it were a stick! :shrug: :burnout:

Yeah yeah. I can't find anyone who wants to trade. I did learn that the 70 in 4R70W means that it's rated for 700 lb/ft of torque. I may swap to a manual valve body and see what that does for the driving experience.

CarMichael Angelo

Nobody appreciates me..I'm gonna cut my ear off
SN Certified Technician
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
m.imdb.com
Yeah yeah. I can't find anyone who wants to trade. I did learn that the 70 in 4R70W means that it's rated for 700 lb/ft of torque. I may swap to a manual valve body and see what that does for the driving experience.
I have a shifter for you when and if you do it...
( you'll have something monster tested, and monster approved):nice:

Reactions: General karthief

CarMichael Angelo

Nobody appreciates me..I'm gonna cut my ear off
SN Certified Technician
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
m.imdb.com
Would it work in the factory location? I'm not of the belief of altering this car too much. (<- that doesn't sound right, but you get my drift.)
Im kidding,...Its cable based, so you could put it anywhere you'd want to in the grand scheme of things,.....but it's a royal pain in the ass to shift.
For example:

* From "park": Ratchet,ratchet,ratchet,ratchet,ratchet. "low"

95BlueStallion

You drunk?
10 Year Member
Feb 22, 2007
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Im kidding,...Its cable based, so you could put it anywhere you'd want to in the grand scheme of things,.....but it's a royal pain in the ass to shift.
For example:

* From "park": Ratchet,ratchet,ratchet,ratchet,ratchet. "low"

Had one of those once. It lasted about a month and I said F it.

However my first B&M hammer shifter let me pull a lever and go straight from park to drive, and the only ratcheting was between 1,2 and D. That wasn’t so bad.

Chuckman

GTFO you fat, heavy bastard
10 Year Member
Oct 21, 2005
st. louis, mo
thats after torque converter multiplication, but a fresh, stock-rebuilt one is good to 450-500 or so.

TOOLOW91

If you're the village idiot what's that make me?
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
S.I.NY
If you want a manual VB call Freddy brown . Case closed .

He even modifies the stock shifter to have a 3rd Locked gate . The over drive controller is great . Quick touch on . Quick touch off . If you down shift at a light it automatically takes it out of OD.

Reactions: RaggedGT