Progress Thread Hoopty5.0's non-hoopty-clean-up-project

• Sponsors(?)

hoopty5.0

mechanicus terribilis
Mod Dude
Dec 14, 2010
SW Houston
While I was underneath the car a few days ago, I noticed there was a nice coating of oil all over everything underneath the car. I surmise its coming from where the dipstick tube meets the block. What's the best way to seal that? RTV?

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
polk county florida
Sure, unbolt it from the header, pull it out a little and dab some around the tube and push it back in.
i should mention sometimes the tube gets a crack around the shoulder so take a good look there.

hoopty5.0

mechanicus terribilis
Mod Dude
Dec 14, 2010
SW Houston
I figured I'd stop in, although nothing to update - Which I'll call a good thing. The car still runs and drives like it should. I've had it garaged mainly because it's been insanely hot and I just don't wanna risk messing around in the heat with that car and cause issues.

I planned on buying big brakes and such, but instead doubled down on a side venture to build my own sawmill to make my own lumber. The idea is that I'll be able to generate more side income to buy more car parts. We'll see.

I also had sinus surgery last week and was in Canada fishing the week before that, so nothing much has been happening around my neck of the woods.

hoopty5.0

mechanicus terribilis
Mod Dude
Dec 14, 2010
SW Houston
For anyone curious, this is the build thread for the sawmill I'm building. It's been an interesting challenge for sure. Completely different animal.