Progress Thread Hoopty v2.0 - Back in action!

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah that really sucks man! Go get checked and get Tamiflu if you haven't and it's first 24 hours... I was dumb, got the flu on Friday morning and never went to get a prescription and still have a 101.5 this morning. The whole weekend was shot.
Yeah, i went yesterday and got it, just took the second dose. I’ve had the flu before, but this is the worst case I remember. It is really kicking my ass

Auto and all related items are out! Manual pedals are in!

I’m not pulling and more transmissions without a lift, that’s for sure.

happy new year everyone

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users
Dude go buy a HF trans jack, you will not regret it. I own one and its now retired by holding my trailer jack up, rolling is way easier hook up. I'm sure you can use it for wood or something like that.

Reactions: 1 user
Dude go buy a HF trans jack, you will not regret it. I own one and its now retired by holding my trailer jack up, rolling is way easier hook up. I'm sure you can use it for wood or something like that.
A buddy let me borrow his. He has the HF motorcycle jack and it worked like a dream!

However, the days of crawling under a car on jack stands are coming to an end. Everything hurts.

• Haha

It does work quite well.

When I was in my 20s I used to benchpress T5s into place. Nearly cut off a finger when one fell and I tried to catch it and it smashed my hand into the ground.

Bought the HF jack and it’s much nicer....although I told the wife I wanted to sell our house because I need a 2-post lift. Still working that angle right now. Getting old sucks

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
It does work quite well.

When I was in my 20s I used to benchpress T5s into place. Nearly cut off a finger when one fell and I tried to catch it and it smashed my hand into the ground.

Bought the HF jack and it’s much nicer....although I told the wife I wanted to sell our house because I need a 2-post lift. Still working that angle right now. Getting old sucks

I thought everyone used the "technique". lol

1. Lay trans on the ground to the side of and parallel to the tunnel
2. Lay on back and roll the T5 on your chest
3. Lift with arms and legs and hold with legs while inserting 1st bell housing bolt

:D

• Hell Yeah!
It does work quite well.

I have the HF and a Alum Craftsman m/c jack (for my m/c) the alum craftsman one works better since it's lower then the HF one... when I tried to put my T5 back in, even using the lower one it wouldn't clear getting under the car... guess I didn't have it high enough on the jack stands... so I ended up benchpressing in..... it really sucks doing this stuff laying on your back in the driveway.... :-(

3. Lift with arms and legs and hold with legs while inserting 1st bell housing bolt

LOL, that's what I did exactly.....

• Haha

That's the manual trans technique. Aint no way in hell that was going to happen with the 4r70w. Easily double the weight!

That's the manual trans technique. Aint no way in hell that was going to happen with the 4r70w. Easily double the weight!

1. Place the 4r70w on the ground parallel to the tunnel
2. Lay on your back and roll the Mustang onto your chest
3. lift with arms and legs while inserting 1st bell housing bolt

:D :D

• Haha
  • Clever