Progress Thread Hoopty v2.0 - Back in action!

• Sponsors (?)

Sucks about the head gasket but awesome about the heads! That’s going to be a great upgrade. I assume you’ll do arp studs or bolts at the least? I read your entire thread and can’t remember if I said it.. so... NICE CAR and great work!

Reactions: 1 user
Sucks about the head gasket but awesome about the heads! That’s going to be a great upgrade. I assume you’ll do arp studs or bolts at the least? I read your entire thread and can’t remember if I said it.. so... NICE CAR and great work!
It has studs already which is why it’s surprising
What heads are on there now?
E7s

The Fox has been hanging out on the lift while I work on other things. One of those “things” has been the bathroom in the garage. I’m going to grout tonight and then set the toilet tomorrow. The septic is hooked up so I’ll at least be able to fill it manually

C3293DA8-B6EC-4217-9AB9-AA071E415276.jpeg

the tile work is atrocious and I have a hundred other things to finish but I’m excited to not have to scurry inside all the time to pee, etc. since the shop is now my office also. The irony here is that I'm in commercial construction as a day job and the way I'm going about all this is 110% ass-backwards. But, we'll get it there one way or another.

Last edited:
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 5 users
A shop with a toilet is high on my list of future priorities. Working on the car is like a laxative for me. Every time, not five minutes after entering the garage, BOOM! Off to the toilet I must go.

About 20 years ago, when I was an electrical apprentice, we got a job to work on this brand new Mansion being built in a fancy suburb of Boston. This house was huge. Prob 10,000SF and had two wings. It was bleeping amazing. Easily a multi-million dollar home at the time.

Anyway, best part of the house was the basement. I say this because it was probably about 3000-4000SF alone. You would drive around the back of the house to one of the wings and the grade dropped off to where you were now at basement level. There was a roll up door there and you could drive into the basement which had enough parking for maybe 20 cars. There were lifts, a car wash bay, and tons of cabinets for tools and supplies. HVAC, tons of lighting, tons of power, it was a dealership service area, but posh, clean, and very expensive.

In the corner, was the ultimate man cave. You could drive one car up onto a center island, and all around it were tables, couches, 3 or 4 HUGE TV's (keep in mind this was around the year 2000), and probably enough creature comforts to rival the living spaces of most regular homes. It was amazing. I never got to see the cars that would be parked in this house. We wrapped up one day, loaded up the truck and never went back again. I was legitimately sad.

20 years later, I still remember this house. Specifically the basement. I wish camera phones existed back then.

About 20 years ago, when I was an electrical apprentice, we got a job to work on this brand new Mansion being built in a fancy suburb of Boston. This house was huge. Prob 10,000SF and had two wings. It was bleeping amazing. Easily a multi-million dollar home at the time.

Anyway, best part of the house was the basement. I say this because it was probably about 3000-4000SF alone. You would drive around the back of the house to one of the wings and the grade dropped off to where you were now at basement level. There was a roll up door there and you could drive into the basement which had enough parking for maybe 20 cars. There were lifts, a car wash bay, and tons of cabinets for tools and supplies. HVAC, tons of lighting, tons of power, it was a dealership service area, but posh, clean, and very expensive.

In the corner, was the ultimate man cave. You could drive one car up onto a center island, and all around it were tables, couches, 3 or 4 HUGE TV's (keep in mind this was around the year 2000), and probably enough creature comforts to rival the living spaces of most regular homes. It was amazing. I never got to see the cars that would be parked in this house. We wrapped up one day, loaded up the truck and never went back again. I was legitimately sad.

20 years later, I still remember this house. Specifically the basement. I wish camera phones existed back then.
That. Is. Awesome.

If you remember where it was, or close enough where you could google map it, find the address and see if it has been on any real estate sites lately with pics... if not, write them a letter telling them you worked on the house and you know a ton of enthusiasts here that would love to see it if they want to post up pics.

Unfortunately, while the basement is fresh in my memory, the address is not. I’ve actually tried to find it hoping it was listed on a real estate website and had pics. That house was obviously built by a car enthusiast. I just don’t remember the locstion.

Unfortunately, while the basement is fresh in my memory, the address is not. I’ve actually tried to find it hoping it was listed on a real estate website and had pics. That house was obviously built by a car enthusiast. I just don’t remember the locstion.
I would search in a wide area and tell the site to limit it to houses with over 10,000 square feet.

That's not a bad idea. Let me try it. I think I can recognize the layout from the air pretty well. Of course my luck, it will be 9950 SF.

EDIT: Not the house...but look at this guys collection!
Nice!!! I've got a buddy who lives in Weston and while his house isn't quite that large it is still very nice! He and I played at Weston Golf Club one day and that is one of the nicest and most difficult golf courses I've ever played! Super fast greens!

OPT6abp.jpg

SdB5bqg.jpg

AffWS9U.jpg

• Hell Yeah!
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 users
So, my car wont start. Turn the key, the fuel pump primes, but the starter does nothing. Bad relay?

Also, making more progress on the bathroom. Drywall is hung/taped. Will float today and maybe texture this weekend. The door is hung. Once textured, I can install the toilet and I'll be in business. I just need to hook up the water outside.

So, my car wont start. Turn the key, the fuel pump primes, but the starter does nothing. Bad relay?

Also, making more progress on the bathroom. Drywall is hung/taped. Will float today and maybe texture this weekend. The door is hung. Once textured, I can install the toilet and I'll be in business. I just need to hook up the water outside.
Starter solenoid/relay or the ignition switch