Progress Thread Hoopty v2.0 - Back in action!

• Sponsors (?)

That sucks. You need a spacer. 17x8's lack the front spoke clearance unless you run a fairly large spacer. At that point, the wheel is pushed out pretty far.

17x9's seem to clear ok.

The only 17x8 wheel that clears is the 98 Cobra wheel. This is with the offset bushings since they relocate the caliper down 3mm.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
That sucks. You need a spacer. 17x8's lack the front spoke clearance unless you run a fairly large spacer. At that point, the wheel is pushed out pretty far.

17x9's seem to clear ok.

The only 17x8 wheel that clears is the 98 Cobra wheel. This is with the offset bushings since they relocate the caliper down 3mm.
That's the wheel I originally wanted but couldn't find. I think @bird_dog0347 has those.

Factory 03 cobra wheel fits. My neighbor has a termi (and a 1400whp CTSV wagon, and, and, and...) but let me borrow a wheel so I have a plan C if nothing else works. It was a hair wide and stuck out further than I would have liked, but it would get me rolling at least.

Reactions: 1 user
They do fit. If tested them. They are the only 17x8 sn95 one wheel that fits.

Bullitts, 94-97 cobra, 17” 5-spoke...need a spacer

The oem 17x9s fit too. Fr500s, cobra R, terminator. Good to go

99DF3E1F-E56E-4C56-AE27-2FAA19C361A4.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m currently caught in a rainstorm waiting on a burger because traffic was too awful to continue home. I’m still not pleased with the wheels but they’ll have to do. They aren’t in as good of condition as I’d hoped for.