Progress Thread Hoopty v2.0 - Back in action!

• Sponsors (?)

My F250 has both rear axle seals leaking badly. I’ve been dd-ing my Mustang for a week. It’s doing well, but I wish it had A/C! I just bought a used Ram today though. Strange coincidence to your situation.
Here’s an idea....
Stop buying used old ass pickups, and put the AC components back in your car.

Then you can stop wishing you had when you have to drive your “Livin in the past“ car daily.

If I had to drive the car that reminded me of my High School car..it wouldn't even have the option to reinstall the AC.

Course,..it’d also be a 69 mach 1...w/ like 30,000 original miles on it...so...

38435580-C3A7-497A-9151-952F0E8C2961.jpeg

On for good, I think.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 4 users
No more Durango?

That’s been long gone. Been dd-ing the F250 for about a year and half. The Durango has the power to pull the camper, but not the suspension.

@hoopty5.0 , My A/C was blowing cold in the truck until 2 weeks ago! The compressor bearings finally gave up the ghost.

@CarMichael Angelo , I actually bought a 2018 Ram 1500 with tow package today. The F250 is cleaned up to be sold sans A/C. It did the trick long enough to earn its keep. Mustang will eventually get A/C again. Just not the current priority.

Aaaaaannnnd end hijack.

Overall I like those, and I'm sure they are 3 piece, but I'm not a huge fan of the exposed bolt heads around the lip as a general look.
Eh, I could take it or leave it. back before my delusions were spoiled and I was sure I was going to be buying them this year (LMAO) I had planned on powder coating the bolt heads to match the body color.

Eh, I could take it or leave it. back before my delusions were spoiled and I was sure I was going to be buying them this year (LMAO) I had planned on powder coating the bolt heads to match the body color.

That does sound cool... but I'm not sure you'd be able to torque them back on properly without scratching them. Or if you left them all together the amount of prep work to do just the bolt heads would likely cost as much as the wheels. Maybe you could order them with a custom anodize first?

That does sound cool... but I'm not sure you'd be able to torque them back on properly without scratching them. Or if you left them all together the amount of prep work to do just the bolt heads would likely cost as much as the wheels. Maybe you could order them with a custom anodize first?
I'm not sure on that. My buddy is a professional powder coater and says he does it all the time - so I assume it's possible to do it and not damage them.

I can see where you want the nice wheels to be different than the masses, but not many have true OEM 10th Anniversary wheels. The aftermarket ones have flat deep lips on them that give them the obvious imposter look. I had a set, I know, lol. Either way, the car looks good bud

Reactions: 1 user
I can see where you want the nice wheels to be different than the masses, but not many have true OEM 10th Anniversary wheels. The aftermarket ones have flat deep lips on them that give them the obvious imposter look. I had a set, I know, lol. Either way, the car looks good bud
I think the silver lining for me is that I can have the slight damage on these wheels fixed professionally and then sell them for a small fortune later on.

Reactions: 1 user
monthly update -

Got the trans out last night. Throwout bearing was on the fork kinda wonky, but still wasn't the issue with the no-disengagement problem. Will continue the tear down this evening. The disc seems to be in correctly as well but I can't really tell. I'll report back.

Reactions: 2 users