Progress Thread Hoopty v2.0 - Back in action!

• Sponsors (?)

119564985_10118799861907914_4571528262745621345_n.jpg

I raised the car up... like a lot.Sure, it doesn't look as cool, but it rides like a caddy and I don't have to worry about rubbing tires, dragging on bumps, or a passenger causing the ride height to be too low.

I was cruising home at 1500 rpm in 5th gear with the AC cranked.

I'm not particularly religious or superstitious, but this seems like the point in the story where something big breaks and Collin sells the car.

:D

• Haha
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 5 users
I loaded up my daughter this morning and went into town for some errands. She loved it! “Faster daddy!”

ive been enjoying the car. It’s not fast but it’s fast enough to be really fun.

B31C2088-9A51-42E0-A1F6-D04E2E452B01.jpeg

• Hell Yeah!
  • Winner
Reactions: 7 users
E9CE9326-1882-4A0A-BFC9-D33ABB53EB03.jpeg
BC9FEFC3-FB31-4C59-AC78-9EF1FCA047CC.jpeg
76C44FF6-31EB-4E8A-AB33-9E4427E887F7.jpeg

Went cruising with my buddies today. Beat on the car a little to see if it was quicker than the nova (420whp). It’s not, but not by much. We were all impressed - considering it’s a stock motor on 7psi. It’s pushing oil out the back of the intake, the power steering pump is spewing fluid out the rerun line at the pump, and the driveshaft has a bad vibration over 80mph. All minor things and we had a blast today.

Reactions: 2 users
Cool glad your enjoying the car! Did you try retorqing the intake manifold? That may solve the oil leak.
I don’t think the motor is vented properly. I’ve got some valve covers with -12 fittings welded on I need to install with a catch can. That and probably re-torquing should do the trick.

Reactions: 1 user
E9CE9326-1882-4A0A-BFC9-D33ABB53EB03.jpeg
BC9FEFC3-FB31-4C59-AC78-9EF1FCA047CC.jpeg
76C44FF6-31EB-4E8A-AB33-9E4427E887F7.jpeg

Went cruising with my buddies today. Beat on the car a little to see if it was quicker than the nova (420whp). It’s not, but not by much. We were all impressed - considering it’s a stock motor on 7psi. It’s pushing oil out the back of the intake, the power steering pump is spewing fluid out the rerun line at the pump, and the driveshaft has a bad vibration over 80mph. All minor things and we had a blast today.
All I can think of, considering the big giant antenna that you chose to group all those cars around is...

Phone home.

Ask your buddy with the 64 nova how he feels about trading for a jap engined fairmont that don’t run.

It's happening again.

A moment of weakness and I broke my self imposed rule of "one project at a time".

The car has been collecting dust waiting on a clutch. As such, I've been getting the classic car itch and have been in FO mode at work cruising classifieds for 6-7 hours. In the midst of all that, I still desire to upgrade the fox's rolling gear, and I finally found a set of wheels that fit several criteria:
- Cheap
- 5 lug
- quasi-uncommon on a fox
- free of rash

So, I listed the wheels/tires off the fox for $300 expecting to give them away for $150. Within 5 minutes, I had 3 cash offers for full price and they were gone. Whoops.

So anyway, I make an offer at $180 for these ultra-clean 35th anniversary wheels and the dude accepted:
IMG_5903.PNG

So now, I've got to convert to 5 lug. I think I'm going to initially poor boy it and buy the 5 lug kit with drums from LMR for $260 and some Mark VII discs for the front - just to keep it off the jacks and driving. The woodwork side hustle is getting busy and that means $$$ coming in.
cool rims,got mine because of five lug cobra upgrade and needed 17' s to clear the rotors/calipers

Attachments

• IMG_20200417_165439_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20200417_165439_hdr.jpg
    519.4 KB · Views: 65
I’m climbing the redneck hierarchy. Another step up today:

Going to Dallas this week for work and will grab it on the way home. I waffled between buying this and spending the money on heads. I decided this was more useful in the long run.
Nice! I definitely want to come see that. I’ll need one for my shop if I ever get it built! Lol

I’m climbing the redneck hierarchy. Another step up today:

Going to Dallas this week for work and will grab it on the way home. I waffled between buying this and spending the money on heads. I decided this was more useful in the long run.
And you made a fine choice!

It always seems like the more evil of the two....Do I buy sht to make the car go, or do I buy sht to make working on it easier when it don’t.

I’ll take buy the heads, for 2000 alex...The objective being it’s more fun breaking the car than working on it...

:chin Although after thinking about it,...it woulda been waaaaaay easier to install that torque arm had I had one of those.....( But then again,.it’d have to be mounted in my driveway, cause I don’t have that much ceiling height)

Heads FTW.