Hoosier qt pro DOT

96pushrod

I think they're a little easier to get off
5 Year Member
May 15, 2018
Savannah
Anyone ran Hoosier quick times with a manual? A friend of mine has a new set that are in great shape he wants to get rid of. They’re 10in and 27in diameter.

I’ve already got some weld wheels for them.

If anyone else has any recommendations, please let me know.

• Sponsors (?)

Yes they work! I think that is the size I am running on a 10" rim. Been 11.11 with them. I just used permitax sealer and no screws to the rims tubeless. Launching 6200rpm.

On great! I got these for a great price, I know they’re good tires I just wanted some opinions. You have a recommended pressure?

I appreciate the help.

I can't recall air pressure it was last year and dont want to steer you wrong. Hoosier has a good tech line the gave me a starting point based on weight and being a manual.

Good deal. I’ll probably start high, like 15 or so and work my way down depending on what the track and car tell me.

Thanks!

I run the QTPs on my car, right around 3000lbs, vortech supercharged. I ran the car for the beginning of the year with a manual and the last half of the year with a Dynamic racing c4 with transbrake and they worked great with both. I would check the tire compound to make sure that they are the right ones for your car. I know that when i was buying mine they sell several different compounds, ones that work best for a heavy stick cars that hit the tires really hard off the hit, or ones for lighter (2800lbs and lower) auto cars that dont hit the tires as hard off the hit. Ive run a couple sets of slicks on my car now and the QTPs are definitely my favorite. I ran both compounds of the MT ET Streets and found that the QTPs gave me much better top end of the track stability and a better launch.

I dont think that the compound really makes a huge difference as long as you arent trying to go insane times. My car has basically always 60ft like garbage due to the poor weight distribution (61% front bias :O_o:) and the horrible local track that i run at so i made sure that i had the right compound just to get any little help that i could. My car has gone 7.50s in the 1/8 which isnt super fast but out of a stock bottom end and cast head setup it shows the tires arent the problem. If you're getting them for a good price though i wouldnt worry too much about the compound, just something to keep in mind when you order your next set.

My launch pressure is usually around 12-15psi warm depending on the track surface. Usually launched the manual tranny at about 4500-4900 on the 2-step and launch the auto around the same, sometimes a touch higher. No tire screws or glue to hold the tire on and over the 50+ passes on them they've only moved about an inch on the rim.

Thanks for the reply Christian.

I wasn’t aware the qtp dot’s had more than one compound to choose from. Hope I have the right one lol. My car weights around 3300lbs with me in it so I’ll be launching fairly hard. I was thinking of starting at 5000 and 15psi and seeing how the car likes it.

best tire ever had ... but Auto Trans ..I run them with 18 cold and they hook great ...

Attachments

• IMG-20180209-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20180209-WA0003.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 113