How much power can a 94 GT make if you don't change the look of the engine?

This community genuinely wants to help everyone in it, but when an Askhole accuses me of having no sense of humor (obviously he doesn't know me) just because I attempted to save him tens of thousands of dollars that would be wasted trying to impress people he doesn't know and will never have a long term relationship with... at that point I'm done trying to help said Askhole.
6eof2o.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

This community genuinely wants to help everyone in it, but when an Askhole accuses me of having no sense of humor (obviously he doesn't know me) just because I attempted to save him tens of thousands of dollars that would be wasted trying to impress people he doesn't know and will never have a long term relationship with... at that point I'm done trying to help said Askhole.
You're taking me way too seriously.

Depends on your budget. The bottleneck is going to be the factory intake if you really want to keep it factory looking but you can get it ported and you can put a stroker underneath it, you can even hide turbos if you're really determined. Nitrous and/or a stroker would be my route.

Askhole?

You're not even reading the posts, and I'm supposed to be the Ahole? I already told you that $10k doesn't mean much to me. You're not saving me anything, I thought I made that clear. You need to understand that some peoples' financial situation may be quite different from your own. I tried to say that subtly before but you refused to take the hint.

I also already told you that I DO in fact know all these people. All of em. The whole thing is nothing but a little joke among car enthusiasts that like to mess with each other a bit. Last time I'm repeating any of this, cause I think you're more concerned with being douchey than actually contributing anything. If that's wrong then... I dunno, I'm sorry this thread hurt your feelings somehow.

My other threads aren't any concern of yours, put me on ignore. I've already got the 351 long block of choice, the restored truck it's going in, the car the suspension mods are going on, it's all real whether you think so or not.

Askhole?

You're not even reading the posts, and I'm supposed to be the Ahole? I already told you that $10k doesn't mean much to me. You're not saving me anything, I thought I made that clear. You need to understand that some peoples' financial situation may be quite different from your own. I tried to say that subtly before but you refused to take the hint.

I also already told you that I DO in fact know all these people. All of em. The whole thing is nothing but a little joke among car enthusiasts that like to mess with each other a bit. Last time I'm repeating any of this, cause I think you're more concerned with being douchey than actually contributing anything. If that's wrong then... I dunno, I'm sorry this thread hurt your feelings somehow.

My other threads aren't any concern of yours, put me on ignore. I've already got the 351 long block of choice, the restored truck it's going in, the car the suspension mods are going on, it's all real whether you think so or not.
Damn... you win again, now I'm 0-2.

Just curious, since $10k is pocket change for you, why don't you spend all those big bucks on a guy who's smarter about foxbodies than you to set up the car the way you want it? You know, like everyone else on this forum you're asking for help from.

Last edited:
  • Ah yes, I see.  I see.
Reactions: 1 user
This is an odd thread. May as well add my useless opinion. A stock-appearing SN95 under the hood (nitrous the exception) is going to get outrun by most modern mini-vans which defeats the purpose of a sleeper. No one cares about a stock-appearing engine bay on an SN95, they're just not collectible for whatever reason. Who are you going to show anyways - they guy you narrowly beat at the stop-light because he wasn't paying attention or the people who don't remember or care if it looks stock at some local show? If I see a stock SN95 it's either a teenager, a drunken red-neck, or a ghetto-dweller driving it around un-maintained until the wheels fall off. Or, some old fart like me who's had it for a quarter century and probably has some power-adders so by default it's not a sleeper. If you're into high-performance stock-looking, pick something collectible. Otherwise cut a big old hole in that composite hood and slap the biggest blower on there that you can afford. That's what you do with the uncollectibles (like my Mustang II).

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 users
Just curious, since $10k is pocket change for you, why don't you spend all those big bucks on a guy who's smarter about foxbodies than you to set up the car the way you want it? You know, like everyone else on this forum you're asking for help from.
We can help spend your money for great results on that budget. :D

This is an odd thread. May as well add my useless opinion. A stock-appearing SN95 under the hood (nitrous the exception) is going to get outrun by most modern mini-vans which defeats the purpose of a sleeper. No one cares about a stock-appearing engine bay on an SN95, they're just not collectible for whatever reason. Who are you going to show anyways - they guy you narrowly beat at the stop-light because he wasn't paying attention or the people who don't remember or care if it looks stock at some local show? If I see a stock SN95 it's either a teenager, a drunken red-neck, or a ghetto-dweller driving it around un-maintained until the wheels fall off. Or, some old fart like me who's had it for a quarter century and probably has some power-adders so by default it's not a sleeper. If you're into high-performance stock-looking, pick something collectible. Otherwise cut a big old hole in that composite hood and slap the biggest blower on there that you can afford. That's what you do with the uncollectibles (like my Mustang II).
You are absolutely correct... but he does not care. He's trolling us just like he wants to do to the kid in the civic he barely beat.

• Agree
I'm thinking about rebuilding the worn out 302 in my 1994 Mustang GT. But I wanted to do something a bit different. A sleeper engine. That would mean making the factory engine as powerful as it can be. But look untouched, by all outward appearances. So how much power can the 1994 GT engine really make?

You'd have to have the intake extrude honed of course. Everybody replaces those intakes with GT 40 or Cobra intakes. But we can't do that here, so extrude honing it is. Next you'd of course do everything to the heads. That would be port and polish, lighter valves. a bit stiffer springs, etc. But is there any point in boring and stroking the engine? Remember we're forced to use modified factory heads and intake. So would you be able to get enough fuel and air in to take advantage of the bore/stroke?

You wouldn't want the cam to sound all that much different either. After all this is something of a sleeper build. But maybe a better crank, rods, and higher compression pistons could be used. You could use bigger injectors as long as they didn't look like bigger injectors. Same for everything else. So port out the throttle body to maximum, and do whatever you can with the factory air tubing that connects to it.

So how much power could you make this way? How much could be squeezed out of the 94 GT engine if it had to look stock?

So I just ran across this thread, and I love it. This was our goal with the 94' Cobra, and if you are interested, I'll post as much build data as I can. We wanted to build the Cobra car that Ford should have built in the first place. We went as far as to find the original stickers for the valve covers, put them back on, and even ordered an OEM distributor condom. We managed 302hp to the wheels. A couple things that weren't stock, we used Ford GT40x aluminum heads. You really can't tell it has aluminum heads on it, but if you wanted to call the way, their are coatings that make them look like iron ones. We also used long tube headers, but I think you could find a set of short tubes that wouldn't be far off stock. I managed to cram a giant 78MM PMAS flow meter into the stock air filter box. The engine itself has GT40x heads, the short block is rebuilt and zero decked to get 9.8:1 compression ratio. It has an off the shelf Comp Cam in it, but tuned correctly it does idle pretty close to stock. The stock Cobra intake was ported by TMOSS. You will go no where with a stock GT intake. However, if you get a Ford Explorer intake and have it ported by TMOSS, it will flow 250cfm, and you'd have to look real close to tell it's not a GT intake. Or you could put a Cobra intake on it, and with the right display plate, it would be hard to tell as well.

Kurt

Reactions: 2 users
Askhole?

To be fair he called you an askhole not an Ahole. Askholes ask for advice and when confronted with reality they refuse to take it and just do what they were gonna do all along.

• Informative
So I just ran across this thread, and I love it. This was our goal with the 94' Cobra, and if you are interested, I'll post as much build data as I can. We wanted to build the Cobra car that Ford should have built in the first place. We went as far as to find the original stickers for the valve covers, put them back on, and even ordered an OEM distributor condom. We managed 302hp to the wheels. A couple things that weren't stock, we used Ford GT40x aluminum heads. You really can't tell it has aluminum heads on it, but if you wanted to call the way, their are coatings that make them look like iron ones. We also used long tube headers, but I think you could find a set of short tubes that wouldn't be far off stock. I managed to cram a giant 78MM PMAS flow meter into the stock air filter box. The engine itself has GT40x heads, the short block is rebuilt and zero decked to get 9.8:1 compression ratio. It has an off the shelf Comp Cam in it, but tuned correctly it does idle pretty close to stock. The stock Cobra intake was ported by TMOSS. You will go no where with a stock GT intake. However, if you get a Ford Explorer intake and have it ported by TMOSS, it will flow 250cfm, and you'd have to look real close to tell it's not a GT intake. Or you could put a Cobra intake on it, and with the right display plate, it would be hard to tell as well.

Kurt

Yeah I hadn't mentioned that but I had it in the back of my mind - The GT Ford should have built. From reading this thread, it's the intake that holds it back the most in terms of building any kind of sleeper engine. I'll take a good look at the explorer intake and see just how much it resembles the GT intake.

...when confronted with reality they refuse to take it and just do what they were gonna do all along.

I see you've got the same reading comprehension he does. He never even understood the OP, then started offering bad advice based on it. He still thinks he has been helpful. Dunno what's wrong with the guy he seems particularly dense. Kurt's post and the others like it, have indeed been very helpful. Those few similar posts were all I was looking for, not birdguy's unhelpful nay saying. But you get them everywhere so I always just put them on ignore.

Tell you what... I'm going to PM you my phone number, text before you call so I know it's you calling. I'll be happy to have an adult conversation with you.

I want new members to feel welcome here and stick around as this is a good forum with good people who genuinely want to help. Feel free to look at my past posting history and I think you'll find that I'm not "dense" or offering bad advice, but rather you don't seem to want to hear what I have to say as it doesn't match what you want to hear.