Electrical How to Remove Convertible top Motor? Also where is a good place to send it to be rebuilt

1989FoxFan

Jan 19, 2020
Michigan
Hello, I am currently in the process of trying to restore a 1989 Mustang GT and I am wondering how to change the motor for the convertible top. I am also wondering if anybody on this forum knows a good place to send the motors to to have them repaired.

Best Regards,
1989FoxFan

• Sponsors (?)

I would google new motor , and shop around @ $225,00 I dont know about rebuild unless you need seals. Seals sold online , but install is probably about the same as rebuild. You could do it yourself or call a top company

Remove the back seat back . Screws in the lower corners , lift bottom edge. Its the hardest part.. There is a cover over it behind the seat. When you get the back seat out it will be right in front of you. The rebuild kit is $130.00 plus labor. You can buy a rebuild , but Im telling you, its too easy.

You have to pull up the bottom corners of the seat back.Then lift strait up The bottom of the seat pulls out . Then you can clean thirty years of road grime. Little screws around the vinyl cover