I have a 1990 Mustang-What sideskirts will match up with a saleen Rear Valence??

50 GT

Jul 18, 2006
I just recently bought a LX bumper to put the Saleen Rear on. I know they say that the GT moulding will not line up neither will the side skirts. Does any side skirts that i can stick on a 1990 Mustang GT such as cobra match up with the saleen rear. I just dont want to go through all the trouble of putting the whole lx kit, then switching back to saleen again. Let me know!! Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Its not the side skirts that don't line up, its the 'beltline' moldings that don't line up (to the LX). The Cobra and GT's side skirts are actually one piece with the beltline molding on either side of the door openings. You can use just the LX bumper, with the Saleen lower valance, and keep your GT side skirts or go with the Cobra skirts with no brake vents. The beltline moldings will NOT match up, but they are broken up by the wheel wells and the difference is minute and harder to see. The Cobra sideskirts are closer to the Saleen ones, but they are different. I have seen people use the Saleen sideskirts, and LX beltline molding with the GT front and rear bumpers, it doesnt' look bad, again because your eye isnt' drawn to the difference. Confused yet? :)

It would be great if some company, like Cervinis made a Saleen ground effects package, for the GT/Cobra, utilizing their bigger beltline moldings.