I like Mach1 Gauges

john_324 said:
Mach 1 gauges were originally from the Bullitt anyway.

As noted above, the Bullitt tach is redlined for the 16v engine. The Mach 1 tach is redlined for the 32v engine. So, there is a difference between the two.

GT-03 said:
As noted above, the Bullitt tach is redlined for the 16v engine. The Mach 1 tach is redlined for the 32v engine. So, there is a difference between the two.

Yeah, I know. I was thinking in terms of the style/font when I wrote that...sorry.

I was kinda dissapointed that Ford didn't come out with a "new" retro design for the Mach 1 cluster, but rather used the Bullitt one with a revised redline on the tach.

GT-03 said:

Let me clear things up. The mach 1 uses the same style gauges as the bullitt. Actually the auto 32v mach 1 uses the EXACT same gauge as the 16v bullitt because the auto mach redlines at 5800. Only the 5-speed mach 1 uses a different guages due to the higher redline. You can use either gauge but, if you want the correct tach get the bullitt gauges (auto mach 1).

Its an insert. Your current gauges are basically stickers stuck onto the cluster. You remove your stock ones and stick the Mach 1/Bullitt ones on. You have to remove the needles. The same insert can work for 96-98 GT's also.