I need a new radio...Cd's are skipping as the bass is hitting too hard

• Sponsors (?)

i got two 10 inch L7's with a ported box that fills the whole hatch with a 2000 watt fosgate amp, and i have a crappy jvc and it works fine. I bet yours is just old or needs cleaning. Im sure any new unit would work just fine.

jstang209 said:
i got two 10 inch L7's with a ported box that fills the whole hatch with a 2000 watt fosgate amp, and i have a crappy jvc and it works fine. I bet yours is just old or needs cleaning. Im sure any new unit would work just fine.

how do I clean it? with that cd that has the little brushes inside? this cd deck is under to years old and I dont use it much.

Buy the way...your the guy with the 20's on? got any links to pics?

when I first got on here three years ago or so...I wanted to throw 20's on my stang but I got shot down by these guys real quick...so I settled for 18's

:lol: What he siad.I never understood spending all the money on a system that makes a car rattle like a can of rocks.I suppose I'm old school.I just don't get the meaning of it.

gruvee87vertgt said:
how do I clean it? with that cd that has the little brushes inside? this cd deck is under to years old and I dont use it much.

Buy the way...your the guy with the 20's on? got any links to pics?

when I first got on here three years ago or so...I wanted to throw 20's on my stang but I got shot down by these guys real quick...so I settled for 18's

you cant just use one of those cleaning cd's. you have to take it somewhere to do it right so they can really clean the laser.

there is a reason everyone shot down the 20's.

also check how the deck is mounted...if it is just in the "basket" attached to the front plate with 4 screws you may want to look into rigging up a mount that will hold the back of it up and tight.

-adam

Vinnietbird said:
:lol: What he siad.I never understood spending all the money on a system that makes a car rattle like a can of rocks.I suppose I'm old school.I just don't get the meaning of it.

I got the whole thing dynamatted so theres no rattle and yo cant hear the exhaust when the windows are closed.