If you could only have one on a Gt, would you take the B&O stereo or the active exhaust?

• Sponsors (?)

B&O stereo. A bunch of cars with active exhaust don't have exhaust options....and tuning issues. The computer is locked out on cars with active exhaust

I'm probably the odd man out, but I enjoy the active exhaust. My neighbor appreciates that I set it up to be quiet when I start in the morning. I usually just use the driving mode switch to control it though. The stock sound system does suck, though, doesn't it?

My days of swapping out stereos are over. I realize the aftermarket can provide some amazing systems, but I can’t be bothered. These days the factory stereo is so integrated into an infotainment system that I don’t want to lose functionality of any system by swapping it out. I also feel it cheapens the car.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Stereo, Exhaust modifications or adding electric cutouts can be added later. And all exhaust will rust out eventually but most stereos will last forever.

Last edited:
Active exhaust without a doubt, so long as you get the car with sync3. The base radio is sufficient and in my opinion (lol watch what comes next...) with an added 10” sealed sub. Without the sub the stereo is acceptable - it certainly isn’t junk.

active exhaust is just way cool to customize your alter ego and how you want to drive. Plus the “quiet morning” automatic configuration - so cool.

no doubt you will end up putting an exhaust on sometime, and I really think the active eliminates that. Watch some you tubers who do an in-depth review.

stereo is completely objective and some go off the deep end.

I’d prob go Sync 3 plus active exhaust. I could “survive” with the base sync system.

some of the F150s I’ve been looking at have the B&O. I’m not wowed, but I notice a difference.

given where I live in MA the exhaust will prob rust up anyway in a few years as I’d drive an S550 in the winter (just not in snow). One more thing to fail and prob not cheap.

My days of swapping out stereos are over. I realize the aftermarket can provide some amazing systems, but I can’t be bothered. These days the factory stereo is so integrated into an infotainment system that I don’t want to lose functionality of any system by swapping it out. I also feel it cheapens the car.
My thoughts exactly.

Reactions: 1 user
Every B&O system I've ever heard blew any aftermarket system I've heard out of the water.
Same here until I heard the B&O in my car. It’s embarrassingly pedestrian. The basic stereo in my Tacoma sounds better, literally. Even my wife noticed how inefficient and meh it sounded when I bought the car and that’s very possibly the only time she’s ever commented on a stereo in our 30+ years of marriage.

Same here until I heard the B&O in my car. It’s embarrassingly pedestrian. The basic stereo in my Tacoma sounds better, literally. Even my wife noticed how inefficient and meh it sounded when I bought the car and that’s very possibly the only time she’s ever commented on a stereo in our 30+ years of marriage.
Have you gone into the settings and adjusted the stereo?

I would take the active exhaust any day over a stereo. I don't drive a car to listen to the stereo. I also don't need need a stereo that can make my ears bleed. The only time I have ever changed the stereo in a car I owned is when the stock one failed. I only replaced the head unit, never the speakers.
Being able to have different exhaust sounds at the touch of a switch is a great feature. Sometimes I don't want to have all the noise, sometimes it is nice to have.