Roush Im a newbie, here's my story! glad to be part of SN

Nice car! Just helped my son get a new S-281 SC! Its Black! Sorry but I don't care how good the girl looks she not sitting (Denting) up my roof!!!!!! Mark

I agree. It wouldn't matter if it was Uma Thurman wanting to pose nekkid, there's no way I'd let a woman drape herself across my Saleen's sheetmetal. Particularly with a navel ring. :D

BTW, was there a Saleen in those pix?!? :jaw:

• Sponsors (?)

Extreme 550,

Welcome,

I love your 2001 that you had. I am looking for one as a driver. I love the stance it has! Did it scrape all the time being so low? Do you mind telling how much you sold it for??

Thanks, Tom

well it had easily adjustable front coil-over. it was lower but i raised it to a 2" drop look style. It was merely 3 inches off the ground lol but i never had problems with it scraping. You just have to be careful and drive at a huge angel in and out of driveways.

not at all...i had a guy give me a $500 deposit which i tried giving back to him but he didnt want it, then i sold the car to someone in the cleveland area fo 17.2

fair price?

I agree. It wouldn't matter if it was Uma Thurman wanting to pose nekkid, there's no way I'd let a woman drape herself across my Saleen's sheetmetal. Particularly with a navel ring. :D

BTW, was there a Saleen in those pix?!? :jaw:

LOL ... i was careful!! i was planning on selling it anyway...shes a lightweight :lol:

HAHAHA

that post rocks, brother!

BTW Extreme 550, that post is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the ongoing mess in the Cobra Saleen v. E car post.

I like both of your cars. You must have serious cash to spend on them mods. I 'm sittin around contemplating whether to buy the $175 mgw shifter or the $300 Chicane center pipes, and you're out there buyin freakin $1000 hoods for your 281 with every other mod under the sun, and then a 70k supercar.

I must be in the wrong line of work.

Anyways, great pics.

lol, agree to agree.

LOL... mgw shifter? from MWW LTD? how are those compared to the Steeda Tri-Ax? Just a tip for ya...everyone i know swears by the tri-ax...including my good buddy and his 745 RWHP godsend! its a 2000 cobra w/ a 4.6L mod motor twin turbo, base tune 20lbs, which he built all by hand, including custom making his OWN wiring harness. Has an 04 cobra body kit and will be sitting pretty on floor 1 of autorama ;).

The hood was around 1300 and. its been to my understanding that E hoods are not provided by saleen by order, unless you own an E.... ;) lucky for the guy that bought my gorgeous car that was SOOO hard to let go!

Center pipes was definately the BEST mod on that car! you would be surprised how the change in direction of exhaust will alter the sound of the car...TRUELY AMAZING (deeper, more throatier sound with longtubes). but if you get the center pipes, i suggest...

1) order the bumper from chicane (you'll get it faster!)
2) paint all four drop peices on the car body color, with black underlay (looks awesome driving down the street)
3) and most important! lol ... dont forget you must purchase the bumper (and paint it)! i would not recommend trying to cut your stock bumper. total mod cost for me: $1500 (with a friend that charged me $120 to paint the bumper) ... make your choice wisely!

Installing is easy! just measure carefully how far back to cut your exhaust! i wanted my tips to stick off the back of the bumper about 2 inches.

well it had easily adjustable front coil-over. it was lower but i raised it to a 2" drop look style. It was merely 3 inches off the ground lol but i never had problems with it scraping. You just have to be careful and drive at a huge angel in and out of driveways.

not at all...i had a guy give me a $500 deposit which i tried giving back to him but he didnt want it, then i sold the car to someone in the cleveland area fo 17.2

fair price?

Thanks!,
Yeah I would have bought it from you!! I saw pics of it on a search I did about 6mo ago I think. You were asking 18.5k I thought. I wasn't in the market then. I couldn't find it again when I was more serious to buy something. If the guy you sold it too tries to sell it and you find out let me know.

I just loved the look of that car, then I saw all the pics you just posted and I was like Damm, that's the car I was looking at. ( I saved some pics of it 6mo ago! I liked it so much :D )