I'm back after a long hiatus.... Not sure if there is anyone still around that even remembers me....


Founding Member
Nov 13, 1998
Edmond, Oklahoma
Oldest is married, middle kid is graduated college and a school teacher, the youngest is graduated high school and going to vo-tech for video editing.

I've since acquired a Whirley-Jig and a South Bend 9x42 WWII era lathe in addition to my Miller 130 MIG I've had for a number of years (looking to upgrade it).
I'm trying to finish up a long awaited garage cleanup so that I can actually work in the darn thing, hoping a 40x60 shop is in future in a few years. Again, car is a '65 A-code coupe that was a bench seat car, disc brakes with air, Honey Gold with a black vinyl top. The car needs quarters and the back end done, but the roof is pretty pitted from the vinyl top.

I've been watching Jo Daddy's Garage series on the Brooklyn Pony as well as Peterson Restoration's fastback builds. I'm impressed with JDG's attention to detail in many areas and the speed that PR builds his rolling shells. I'm leaning towards making my car a fastback and since rear seats are kinda hard to come by, I'm trying to figure out where to find a rear seat frame. Preliminary pricing pushes conversion costs towards the $10k mark even before shipping said parts. The largest costs being $1900/ea door frame/quarter interior stampings and $500/ea full quarter panels ($4800 right there!!!!) along with the $1090 fold down seat assembly which I don't believe have the seat springs attached.

I need to do an assessment of the car's current condition (its a parts shed right now and probably a mouse house) and that will likely happen in a few months (although if we have a national shutdown, it may help it along). Nonetheless, Youtube has been a great encouragement and learning tool.
  • Sponsors (?)

Jo Daddy's Garage is good for basic instruction...its actually because of his videos that I replaced my quarters entirely instead of just trying to patch the lower sections...a little time consuming, but really not all that hard.
It's all about timing, I just logged in for the first time in several years (not a founding member). I started cleaning up the garage last weekend and have been driving my 67 quite a bit over the last 6 weeks. It's time to get the hands dirty and take care of car projects I've been putting off.
My 1st Mustang was a '67 vert, bought it in Albuquerque in '87 from a girl. She'd been restoring it, new red interior and new white top, engine and trans rebuilt, it needed body and trim and paint. It was originally a aqua car with aqua interior, but had been painted black...

with a brush...

I was in the middle of restoring the car and a lady ran a red light and t-boned the car in the passenger door, pushed me into a '68 GTO that had just been restored, 16 year old kid was the owner, our cars met at the base of the A-piller, his car was bent in a V, mine was bent into a U. 289 car with a T-10 4 speed and a REALLY stiff clutch. The top hoses were rotted out, as in there was nothing there, some barbed fittings. My dad told me to go down to a hydraulic hose place to make up some hoses. I don't remember how many PSI they were good to, but I think those little hoses would have worked on a dozer.