Fox Indian Outlaw, home soon!

Bree

Jan 12, 2021
Zanesville Ohio
I have some Apache blood in my veins, so I named my Mustang Indian Outlaw.
'91 with a 5.0, auto. I did total exhaust, welded sub frame connectors, and BBK trailing links. I also have a GT nose on an LX. Some idiot turned in front of me and at GT was all I could find for a doner car.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Yes, I have to admit, even though i don't normally go for twang twang, Tim's version of Indian Outlaw was highly influential in the decision making process.
I had at one point, a miniature chief's head dress with feathers on it hanging from the rear view mirror, untill it started to sun fade, then I moved it to the dress hook back by the opera window. But over time, the heat finally got to it. :(

mustang.jpg
Indian Outlaw shined for show, pre crash.

Reactions: 1 users
Here's one from 2019. I was working a car show, so I drove the Outlaw. (obviously, right?) And no, Outlaw did not tow that trailer! We have a crew with big vans that sets up our mobile displays for us ahead of time. Notice the GT nose on it now? It was the only doner car I find on my budget, following the crash of 2013. It was one of those wave on deals. 5 lane, big 350 super duty in the left lane stops and waves someone on out of the turning lane, without checking if the right lane was clear. Spoiler alert, I was coming in the right lane.
The hell of it is, the person who turned in front of me presented a fraudulent insurance card to the patrolman. However, I keep my current card in my vehicles. In my purse I had last year's card, and It may have even been for my truck, but you know, it was just a card to have on hand just in case, and I told the officer that as I handed him the card. So right there in the waiting room in front of everybody and their brother, he starts reading me the riot act for not being insured, he was going to write me up and fine me big, and all that. Finally, I said call the 800 number and confim it. "I can't use my phone for personal business" he says.. So I whiped out my phone Here, use my phone and finally he backed off.
BFstang.jpg

That whole insurance card thing is foreign to me. Here in MA insurance is required and listed on the registration. They pull up all your info off your plate number, which is tied to the owner

I just noticed something about this last pic I posted. Exit this lot and turn right, and you're about 50 feet from the scene of the 2013 a/x. the one that saw the GT nose grafted onto my LX.
Now the 2014 a/x was on the other side of town. That one is still ongoing! This one was a 4 lane, and again someone in the left lane stopped and waved on someone turning left, without checking to see if the right lane was clear........ My left frame rail hit almost square on "Lefty's" front axle. The bulk of my damage externally was was a few scrapes an a nick in the bumper cover. Internally however, ya know that cancer spot Fox bodies like to get on the frame behind the front wheel? Yea, it blew that out. So I take it to a guy who has a reputation for living and breathing FOX Mustangs because I figured he has seen this a billion times, (and he has) that he could fix it in his sleep. (and he probably could) After years of "Well, I had this emergency job come in, but you're next, I promise" Ok, you know, I get that someone's daily driver is more important than my toy. After all, I do have a Super Sport (the Stealth Fighter) and and F-150 (the Dodge Slayer) for every day cars. And it was no big deal, as the shop was walking distance from my home to barrow it back to take to my brother's car show every year. I only put up with being put on the back bunner for so long because I really wanted this guy to do the work becuase he had quite a reputation for being a FOX Body guru, and also, I gave him a deposit to get parts with. Well the last time I picked Outlaw up, when I washed the dust off I found metal spray from like from a cut off wheel or something! So I stared looking for another shop. He's moves me to the back burner to for daily drivers that come in, but at least work is now progressing. I think daily drivers are his bread and butter, and he just tinkers with mine on slow days, or while he's waiting for a coat of paint on something else to dry.
I have no idea what tool made this kind of spray, but this is the mess I got back the last time I barrowed it back for the car show from the first guy. I'm pretty sure that rusty sludge stuff dripping down that little gap has a lot to do with why my passenger's side door no longer opens.
sprayed.JPG

And yes, that's Stealth Fighter behind Outalw. 3.9L V6 in a package that weighs next to nothing!

Last edited:

Potomus Pete, I just spotted you "how bad is the damage post. IDK why I can't get quotes to work, maybe in time?​

Anywho, Cancer has now taken most of the the driver's side frame rail, and ate through about 1/4 the passenger's side. Of course, it's much worse 6 years later from sitting on a gravel lot untouched than when the crash initially happened. The passenger's side then was mostly surface rust,. and the driver's side looked like the passenger's side does now. At the time of the crash, the fender skirt where it met the frame had a slit ate through I could just stick my finger tips through. Now you could roll a pop can though it easily.
When I say "blew it out" what i mean by that is, the rusted metal was holding the original shape. It just looked like "bubbly paint" if you will. When we hit, it basically crumbled the rusty bits away. You know, kinda like when a rust spot doesn't look bad at first, then you poke it with your finger, and it crumbles away.

Reactions: 1 user
Well, I got a call from the shop, and he said Outlaw is done! He also said he was going to deliver it, but that was a couple days ago. Oh well, he has a reputation for being slow. Thing is though, he also said it was more work than anticipated and he needs another $500, but he's willing to trust me with it because he needs the space on the lot. But I guess I ain't in a hurry either, as with the pandemic, I got no place to go.
Stay tuned to this station for further details as they develop. We now return you to your regularly scheduled program already in progress!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users