• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

info / schematics on CCRM and cutting wires for weight

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tim35
  • Start date Start date Nov 14, 2009
T

Tim35

New Member
Nov 14, 2009
3
0
0
Charlotte NC
Nov 14, 2009
#1
  • Nov 14, 2009
  • #1
I have a 94 Mustang that's set up for Road Course racing. I'm cutting all the weight I can, and trying to make the electrical more simplified as well by eliminating unnecessary wiring. In the process, I'm trying to eliminate every wire in the car that I don't need.

First, in regards to the CCRM, I cannot find a schematis on it. I have an F48F-12B577-AA. I know it has 4 integral relays, including the high and low fan, and the fuel pump. I can't find what the 4th relay is. I have completely gutted the car, including removing the cooling fan, so I've cut all of the wires I have determined that I can cut. If I could get a schematic of the CCRM and what each relay and wire is for, it would be very useful.

In addition, if I could get a wiring schematic that covers the entire car, rather than the individual systems (so I can see what each wire is at any given connector for example), it would be very useful as well. I'm sure there are several wires left in there that I don't need any more, but since I don't know what they go to, I have not removed them. I have to keep the stock ignition system, and choose to keep the stock fuel injection system rather than go to a carburetor, so the system will stay somewhat complex, but not nearly as complex as from the factory. I've already cut out about 25 pounds of wiring and connectors. I'd like to get a little more if I can.
 

HISSIN50

"How long does it take to get help in here?
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
31,179
34
129
Nov 14, 2009
#2
  • Nov 14, 2009
  • #2
You'll find some info here
Look at the schematics on the bottom.

There are 5 relays in the CCRM. The EEC relay and WOT relays are what you missed.

If you find a wiring diagram for an entire car, let us know. Such a thing does not exist AFAIK. The EVTM is as good as it gets.
 
T

Tim35

New Member
Nov 14, 2009
3
0
0
Charlotte NC
Nov 14, 2009
#3
  • Nov 14, 2009
  • #3
HISSIN50 said:
You'll find some info here
Look at the schematics on the bottom.

There are 5 relays in the CCRM. The EEC relay and WOT relays are what you missed.

If you find a wiring diagram for an entire car, let us know. Such a thing does not exist AFAIK. The EVTM is as good as it gets.
Click to expand...

Thanks. Those were very helpful.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Resolved Holley terminator integration into CCRM
  • BrandonMP
  • Feb 25, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
463
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Aug 23, 2026
fasterthangas
F
Resolved Wiring electric fan
  • cbac89
  • Aug 29, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
167
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 30, 2026
cbac89
T
Electrical Brown Connector #31
  • ta66
  • Jul 26, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
154
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 30, 2026
ta66
T
G
Resolved Smoking Wiring Issue After GT40 Head Swap
  • Grapes
  • Aug 15, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
17
Views
451
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 22, 2026
Grapes
G
Big Posi and Neg wire from Starter to Battery and Alt wires..........
  • from6to8
  • Feb 9, 2026
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Replies
1
Views
264
1994 - 1995 Specific Tech Feb 9, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?