1993 Premium sound stereo into 87-92 Mustang : Install thread

The CD module inside can be replaced separately. If you take the top cover off, you’ll see the CD module on top. Held in place by 4 torx screws and one ribbon cable.

There’s a part number on the module. F2DF- I think. Hop on eBay and search that number and you might find the unit. Problem is a lot of the ones for sale are used and questionable.

Often times, the gears/motor stick due to years of inactivity. They can sometimes be unstuck and lubricated up. They can also strip. There’s a seller on eBay named “dlsvc46” who is a former radio tech that sells a lot of parts on eBay. Has helped me source a lot of these obscure parts. He might have a small gear or so if you find that to be the cause.

Typically what I’ve done in the past is buy another CD player from something else with a working player. If the cd works I’ll just swap the unit. Most of my radio “repairs” these days are just swapping parts around to make one good radio from 2-3 bad ones. Unfortunately with components hard to find, that’s all one can mostly do.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)