installed my purge kit, bottle heater and autolite 103's and my old plugs are white!

ok, today i installed my purge kit, bottle heater and new autolite 103 plugs, and when i took out my old autolite 764's that i have ran for about 4 or 5 months in the car (all N/A miles), every one of them were pretty white but the electrode wasnt warn on any of them. i am running 40psi of fuel pressure with the vacuum on.
i have had o2 sensor codes and rich and lean codes because the o2 sensors took a crap on me, so i bought new ones a week ago and installed them yesterday along with DM o2 extenders instead of chopping my new o2 sensor wires up.

why am i lean and should i turn the fuel pressure up some more? also do you think that it would be safe to spray it now that i have new o2 sensors and colder plugs?

BTW, the purge is awesome :nice: , i have dual purge lines, one on each side of the hood by the windshield and i just wasted a half full bottle playing with it in town, i just couldn't help myself because all of the kids in different hang-outs in town whould ohhh and awww and start jumping up and down when they seen me purge it.
it shoots two 4-5ft clouds of nitrous at 900psi, how do i get those dual 10-15ft purges like you see at the track sometimes???:scratch:

• Sponsors (?)

lopey4.6 said:
nice mod list. What numbers are you runnin on a 125 shot?

i have not put it on the dyno with the nitrous or used it at the track yet, but i will very soon, i am hoping for mid to high 11's! my best so far is a 12.93 @ 105+mph on motor with a crappy 1.7 60ft time on slicks, but that was my first time on slicks and i only made 8 passes so with some more seat time, and a better prepped track with good conditions, i should be able to pull mid-12's on motor!
BTW, that was with bad o2 sensors, autolite 764's gapped for nitrous (30 gap), and 1/2 tank of gas, and the car was running like crap.

plugs

White plugs does not always mean a lean condition. When running nitrous NX states that your plugs may be white when running nitrous and does not indicate a lean condition. In fact, I ran a richer fuel jet on the Dyno; my car ran way way rich, it was blowiing out black smoke, when we pulled the plugs they were bright white.
Autolite 103 are 1 degree cooler and are a good plug. If you start to go up in spray you may want to go to an Autolite AR94 (2 degrees cooler).
The way to keep the cylinders cooler are plugs and fuel . If you keep your bottle pressure close to the red 1250 you may start to lean out slightly. Bottle pressure is everything with a wet kit: your car might make 310rwhp at 800psi and 345rwhp at 1250psi.
Dont ya just love your purge. No more having to race Trucks and imports, just give them a spray and off they go :owned:

do you think that the 103's gapped at 34 will be ok with a 125 shot?
also, i always thought that if your plugs were white that you were running lean, and if they are black you are running rich??? the reason why i was wondering is because i have never sprayed for the 4 or 5 months that the 764's were in the car, and because they were white (N/A), that worried me enough not to spray it.