Interceptor

colvindesign

May 27, 2007
Chicago
Keep it clean please, I plan on forwarding this thread to Ford, unless I am informed that they read this forum.

I'd like to know your opinion on the Interceptor, preferably in 3 or 4 specific areas; I'll give my opinions as well,

1. the idea. I think the idea of using the Mustang platform is great, it will allow the use of many aftermarket mustang parts, so I can buy a basic interceptor, and make it into a screamer.

2. The Design. The design is at 11 or 12/10ths if you ask me. The lines are perfect, as are the proportions, the details take it over the top though. Taking it back to 18 or 19 inch wheels, a plastic grille, normal door handles, etc would make it just right. Some mags have mentioned if built it would have a raised roof line. I think this would be a huge mistake, just make thinner seats instead. The interior needs a clean sheet design.

3. What would you want? I'd like a 265 HP V6 and a 5 speed manual, leather, sport suspension, 19 inch wheels, a sunroof if it doesn't cut into the head room, and that's pretty much it. IRS would be nice, only if the car still sells for under 22k base, 25k as I described.

4. whatever else you want to say..... I.e. I would say they should make them with SA rear for most V6 and 4.6L V8 models, but they should make IRS for Sport versions, and even make a 5.4L version. It could be a way to develop IRS to be optional on the Interceptor and the mustang. On another note, if I read the term squircles again, I am going to sue Ford for mental anguish. It sounds retarded, and when it is everywhere you look on/in the car, it looks retarded. And finally, make sure you guys offer a manual trans on all models.

So, like it love it or hate it, let them know. Personally I have written to FOrd directly, as well as to the mags because I know they usually forward mail to the company. I want one. My wife has talked about us getting a newer mustang, but with 3 kids it is too impractical. As much as I want one, I have to look for a 4 door at the least. If the interceptor was on the market, it would fill the void I have found. I would not consider the Magnum because it's too expensive with the Hemi and too slow with the V6. Also, there is no manual.

• Sponsors (?)

In the realm of bigger, sportier sedans, I must say I like the entire idea of the Interceptor. Here are some color options I saw on the 'Net a while back. Enjoy.

Blue

3-ford-interceptor-concept.jpg

Red

3-ford-interceptor-conceptcopy.jpg

Copper'ish

Copper.jpg

Pewter

Pewter.jpg

Highland Green

highlandGreen.jpg

I love the car. I actually flew to Detroit to see it in person at NAIAS this year. I also liked the Lincoln MKR.

I think they should tone it down ever so slightly, just enough to make it drivable.

I would love to see it with the Cammer in it. A six speed manual and a manual mode automatic should both be available.

The interior needs a bit of work but all concepts are like that. I also think the roofline and profile should not be changed.

I think this car could be a huge homerun if it were to be executed properly.

As much as I love the Crown Vic, the tired old beast is probably gonna get the axe pretty soon for one reason or another. I can totally see the Interceptor as being a worthwhile replacement, as long as they keep it RWD and V-8 optional (or standard) like the current Panther cars. :nice: