Progress Thread My centrifugal ppl, how’s this deal?

Well i finally decided to get some new CC plates
7D629B36-219B-4F5F-A7F3-B5104DC9E221.jpeg
since my old Mac plates suck, and I think when I had the car towed, and they pulled it up the sled it messed my alignment up sooooo I said well screw it. To mount these with my 5 lug swap do I need to take the calipers off or can I just loosen up the strut bolts and drop the spindle enough to get the strut out?

• Sponsors (?)

Looks to me like you took the strut off anyway....
Why wouldn't you replace the old rubber bumper with the new ones? Purely because it's new would be reason enough for me to do it, and especially considering that the thing just slides off/on.

Looks to me like you took the strut off anyway....
Why wouldn't you replace the old rubber bumper with the new ones? Purely because it's new would be reason enough for me to do it, and especially considering that the thing just slides off/on.
Yeah I took it out, removed the dust boot, took the old rubber bump stop off the dust boot and installed the new bump stop “cone looking one” now on the dust boot ok that pic, and zip tied with the included zip tie as done in the instructions. My question is that old rubber stopper on the shaft in that pic, does it need to be there? I watched a CJ pony video of the MM install and they didn’t have that on their koni orange struts they installed. Just the dust boot with the new bump stop zip tied in.

I’m just judging by the amount of strut shaft out of the new bump stop I have with and with out that other rubber bumper under neath the dust boot, compared to the cj pony.
D0144CA2-1EBF-4F4C-A542-250A1346EA06.jpeg
82EA7566-AAAF-49C5-8A08-BCB3A588DE48.jpeg

Your trashcan looks dumbfounded, how did you get words to float in the air like that?
Ha ha that’s my trash monster!! I have an iPhone not sure what you got, but You click on the pic, edit, then the menu drops, click the circle with 3 dots hit mark up and you can highlight, choose different writing tools and width sizes, colors etc or even just type text in if one prefers.

Attachments

• 882B9027-7567-42E8-BF34-9F34C0CE4A48.jpeg
    882B9027-7567-42E8-BF34-9F34C0CE4A48.jpeg
    201.1 KB · Views: 155
Ha ha that’s my trash monster!! I have an iPhone not sure what you got, but You click on the pic, edit, then the menu drops, click the circle with 3 dots hit mark up and you can highlight, choose different writing tools and width sizes, colors etc or even just type text in if one prefers.
Lol it was more of a rhetorical question in relation to the picture, my attempt at situational humor. :rolleyes:

Are those Tokico Blues?

I'd call and ask MM what to do here. My gut says to remove the factory bumpstop and use the MM supplied one. But ask them.

Reason you won['t see them on other shocks is because they are all different. Bilstiens for example (what I run) have internal bumpstops, so you won't see them. I have my old tokico blues in a box. I can take a look later, but I was running the stock CC plates.

I ended up running full rear caster, with 1 degree neg camber on mine. Full caster will increase bumpsteer effect though, but I have a kit for that.

I followed the directions for MM that came with the plates when I installed mine, it showed only keeping/re-using the cover,& strut (well I installed new KYB struts). And to use the new included bumpstop. (like how the video from CJ pony shows)

Reactions: 1 user
Are those Tokico Blues?

I'd call and ask MM what to do here. My gut says to remove the factory bumpstop and use the MM supplied one. But ask them.

Reason you won['t see them on other shocks is because they are all different. Bilstiens for example (what I run) have internal bumpstops, so you won't see them. I have my old tokico blues in a box. I can take a look later, but I was running the stock CC plates.

I ended up running full rear caster, with 1 degree neg camber on mine. Full caster will increase bumpsteer effect though, but I have a kit for that.
Yeah when I pulled the old Monroe’s out or whatever they were I just kind of copied what that strut had on it, then reinstalled the tokico blues all around, using those old MAC caster camber plates. I also upgraded to MM bumper steer kit when I changed my rack out to the 03 cobra and installed the hybrid shaft. Also is that normal on my rotor? Seems like that rust happened fast.
663D52BF-36DA-497D-9207-756ACBA87D07.jpeg

That rust is normal. Drives me nuts. You can paint those areas if you want. Take the rotor off, lightly sand the rusted area and apply high temp paint after masking off the swept area.

That rust is the main reason I bought zinc-washed rotors for my car.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
That rust is normal. Drives me nuts. You can paint those areas if you want. Take the rotor off, lightly sand the rusted area and apply high temp paint after masking off the swept area.

That rust is the main reason I bought zinc-washed rotors for my car.
Good to know, that will be on my list, kinda want some cross drilled