Is it true lowering our cars 2 inches or more with lowering coil springs...

• Sponsors (?)

Lowering your car at all will cause the struts/shocks to blow out more rapidly. Time in which this happens just depends. You SHOULD replace them along with springs if you can afford it but you don't have to. I put my c-springs in back in april and haven't replaced my dampers yet.

Lowering your car at all will cause the struts/shocks to blow out more rapidly. Time in which this happens just depends. You SHOULD replace them along with springs if you can afford it but you don't have to. I put my c-springs in back in april and haven't replaced my dampers yet.

I lowered my car 2inches about 2years ago the only thing i had to do so far was get an alighnment.

I've put 34,000km on my car since I've lowered it 2 inches. Now my shocks/struts are worn out and it's time to replace them. It's no big deal, you expect it to happen. This is about how long I had expected them to last before replacement. :nice:

ok,do you NEED new struts? no. should you get new struts? yes. seriously that guy telling you the diff is bc of .2 inches is rediculous.1.8 to 2 isnt the deciding factor and also you WILL need an alignment and most likely they wont be able to fine tune the alignment without caster camber plates.

If your car has more than 30k miles on it or so, your stock shocks and struts are probably already blown anyway. I did my suspension at 50k, and the stock shocks and struts were easily compressible by hand when I took them out. It shouldn't cost a grand for springs and dampers; be patient and wait for some bilsteins to show up on ebay. I paid 300 for mine, plus $100 for the C Springs. The caster-camber plates were $150. I love the way my car rides / handles, and I paid $550 for the basic setup. It also helps a lot if you do your own labor, but I know that isn't always feasible.

You can get Tokico blues (which will handle the drop, KYB wont) and lowering springs on eBay for under $400. The Eibach Pro kit (which I had and LOVED) is under $700 and is a matched set that rides way better then my Bilstien/Steed combo I have now. I put my old Eibach Sportlines in my buddies GT and his stock shocks blew out within 2 months. Another cheap alternative is what Mike said, just get a used set of Fox shocks. The body is shorter and can be used if you are on a tight budget :nice:

Hope it helps.

I didn't know fox struts would work.. So in theory you could go get some basic monroe blues from a local parts store if ur on a tight budget?

I had a toxico spring/strut kit on my 92 fox and it rode/handled like a dream...till the front sway was removed for the 351 to clear.

That kit was 300 bucks off ebay or something like.