It begins... Tons of new parts... Lots of pics, Special thanks To Pokageek

Adam95GT

Aug 14, 2006
Burlington, NJ
Well i feel as now that im in the right direction. I went for a drive to Pokageek's place to pick up a 306 i will be using for my build and some injectors. He was a big help and through a bunch of parts my way that will help out alot... I just wanted to say thanks for all the help man :nice: ... Well i also bought some new shocks and struts and some pulleys that are still in the mail... today i started to clean up the block a little but its just too hot outside right now...

DSC00398.jpg

DSC00399.jpg

DSC00400.jpg

DSC00401.jpg

DSC00402.jpg

DSC00403.jpg

DSC00404.jpg

After a little degreaser and a very hard dollarstore toothbrush... pistons look great... only did one ill do the rest when it gets cooler outside and i pick up some breakcleaner...
DSC00407.jpg

DSC00408.jpg

Pokageek also threw me a set of valve covers...
DSC00410.jpg

I spent some time and cleaned these up as well...
DSC00413.jpg

24lberz...
DSC00416.jpg

Possibly cal'd maf..
DSC00412.jpg

8 Trickflow Push rods
DSC00415.jpg

A trash bag o' gaskets
DSC00418.jpg

Inside i found the cam specs...
DSC00419.jpg

DSC00421.jpg

He also gave me a filter and coil...
DSC00417.jpg

And here are the hp Blues i picked up for $150 Shipped...
DSC00411.jpg

My pulleys i picked up for $45 shipped and they are brand new FRPP Pulleys...
Im still in need of a FPR if anyone has one....

Thanks again pokageek... the build is looking to be finished by the end of this month

• Sponsors (?)

You are welcome. :) Wow those pistons are cleaning up well too. Hehe, I see you found the cam specs sheet too lol. I did not know I put that in there. I am glad I found the purchase order by luck as well! Now you have documentation!

Yup... thanks man! any chance you have the other 8 push rods??? also does anyone know a anyway to turn the short block with no balancer of flywheel on there...so i can push the rest of the pistons to TDC to clean them up... ive been sitting out in the garage cleaning with a wirebrush and some degreaser its working great...

Well i found a wirebrush... my toothbrush broke... lol... and using some degreaser... here is what i have done so far... i have work in an hour so im pretty much done for today...
DSC00422.jpg

DSC00423.jpg

DSC00424.jpg

What ya guys think??? i knew i kept my broken old balancer for some reason... HAHA

what heads and intake you goin with?

TFS/KPI street heats casted in 1988... they are oldschool... but i talked a guy thats on the downs ford team... he said there are better heads today but these are great... he said they dont support over 550 RWhp though so i might wanna sell them.... i told him they are for a 306 DD and he said that they would work great... I was gonna put some gt40p's on there but he said that the KPI's will outflow them and ill have a better powerband... Intake i have a gt40 explorer for now... but if i can sell it im picking up a Street heat intake to do with the heads... if money permits... :nice: right now im broke:rlaugh:

Good deal! This is the ways deals are SUPPOSED to go.

Go easy on those pistons with the (steel) wire brush. The same brush can be used to clean the remaining gaskets off the decks and all the other gasket areas. When you paint, clean those surfaces to be painted with brake cleaner, then the wire brush then the brake cleaner again. (Brake cleaner CAN remove/lift paint.) Make sure the BC is completely dry. Mask it. Paint it. You're good to go!

Sounds like you have a nice DD combo, with these parts. ;)

Yup looked up the part # thats a good little cam. Not a big power maker though. The timing events on the other hand give you a crap load of P2V clearance. Basiclly just before the piston reaches TDC the valve closes, and as the piston starts moving down the valve opens. It's a good N/A cam cause it allows you to mill the crap out of heads and give you compresson power. If I decide to stay N/A and not go cutom I'd use it's bigger brother Wolverine 1087 ( SpeedPro Part #CS1177R). Congrats on the buy.

yeah, you really just need to paint the outsides.

i did all that--cleaned it up, degreased it, painted it... didn't take pics (doh!!), then i forgot to tighten the radiator cap before taking it out for the first time and got grimey water all over it... now i have orange all over the place.