Progress Thread My centrifugal ppl, how’s this deal?

The hose is for your windshield washer bottle that is inside the drivers fender. The yellowish connector connects to a second hose which runs up to the squirter that squirts the fluid to your windshield.

The electrical plug in the last picture is for the EGR which you've removed and blocked off so tuck that away out of sight.

And like others have said that black vacuum line to the plastic pvc valve has to be in the lower intake... so I would use a little rtv to keep it in place.

I'm not sold on the issue being a vacuum leak though.. If it were a vacuum leak it wouldn't just pop up once in a while it would be constant.

If you had a tune done I wonder why your car has to idle at 1000 rpms... it should be a few hundred less
I’ll do that rtv tonight, as for that tune and 1k idle I’m not sure. I guess I could talk with the shop owner and see. The guy is nice but just had some issue money wise that has made me not want to really go back, like when I had to back track through my receipts bc he said I still had a 500 dollar balance then I found out where it came from and he was charging me for parts that I bought and brought in, then he gave me the ole that is my bad I thought we got it. That whole tune and what not is above my head so I don’t even know what exactly they did or set it at. I do remember him saying they had a hard time adjusting idle etc and that I might want to get a new IAC and maybe tps sensor. Which is why I have the new ones sitting around.

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds to me like you may want to have the tune looked at by another source. I would offer to do it for you but i dont tune the stock ecu
Is this bc of the idle it’s at currently? Unfortunately there isn’t to many tune shops around town which is why this shop took mine to his buddies shop in McKinney. I really want to swap out to a stand alone but just haven’t done it yet. I know we talked about this before but I can’t remember which you said was better for my set up. Even if I did go out there when they tuned it I would have probably had a hard time understanding. This will be my case when I go stand alone bc I’ll have no clue what I’m doing or what to look for etc but I’d like to learn it.

Its all about patience and taking the time to read about what you need to do for a specific issue.
This was system I believe you said would work best for my set up correct?
BDE0FB36-1421-428E-A882-1F2C011470B3.png

what in the hell does “ Got dang car “ mean ?
Do we mean:
God damn car,..and we think that got means god, and dang is a G rated substitute for the bad word ? :shrug:

We’re all big boys here..if you just can’t cuss, consider changing your title to something that makes sense in states that don’t censor the internet.

What makes this setup radical enough to need a 'tune'?
One thing I see is the breather on the left valve cover, the engine should have a 'closed' pcv system.
What am I forgetting about this build?
Do we mean:
God damn car,..and we think that got means god, and dang is a G rated substitute for the bad word ? :shrug:

We’re all big boys here..if you just can’t cuss, consider changing your title to something that makes sense in states that don’t censor the internet.
Not everybody feels the need to cuss.
'Got dang car ' is redneck version of 'my mom may read this'.

What makes this setup radical enough to need a 'tune'?
One thing I see is the breather on the left valve cover, the engine should have a 'closed' pcv system.
What am I forgetting about this build?

Not everybody feels the need to cuss.
'Got dang car ' is redneck version of 'my mom may read this'.
Went from completely stock motor with cam in it, to TFS 11r 190 heads, rockers, pushrods, Ported intake by tmoss , pro-m and injectors with bigger fuel pump, left the f cam in for now with plans for power adder and custom grind cam. As for the breather originally had drilled the hole for the oil filler there as I was running a different cai then swapped the power pipe and it wouldn’t clear so flipped to the other side and in went the breather. I’m tempted to order a new set of valve covers though bc these didn’t come with baffles and I’m tired of the oil leakage out of the breather.

Th
Do we mean:

There ya go changed just for you since you didn’t appreciate my sensorized country grammar!

Reactions: 1 user
Is it leaking from the base of the filler tube like it doesn't seal good or at the breather filter?
It seems to be leaking from the breather filter. Originally put a button breather but I didn’t like it ordered this one and had to trim the grommet and it fit in snug. I guess with out those baffles in there it just splashes up and get the filter soaked which tends to leak, then gets on the headers etc so that’s why I’m thinking about swapping even though I like these covers. Or I believe I’ve seen them sell baffles for these covers on summit. It’s only the side the oil filler side doesn’t leak.

The happy people comment was a joke.
Now on to what could be the problem. If you look at the stock 5.0 engine you should notice that it is a 'closed' system (best description I could come up with) only air into or out of the engine has a purpose, now your pcv could be just popping out because of the hose, it also should have a vacuum source all by itself, on the tubular intake it appears yours is correct. It does show more oily than I would like, is the screen in place?
The valve cover should have a hose from the filler neck to the throttle body and the cap is not vented.
If the breather filter is getting oily you may have some crank case pressure. It may stop if the pcv valve is seated good.

The happy people comment was a joke.
Now on to what could be the problem. If you look at the stock 5.0 engine you should notice that it is a 'closed' system (best description I could come up with) only air into or out of the engine has a purpose, now your pcv could be just popping out because of the hose, it also should have a vacuum source all by itself, on the tubular intake it appears yours is correct. It does show more oily than I would like, is the screen in place?
The valve cover should have a hose from the filler neck to the throttle body and the cap is not vented.
If the breather filter is getting oily you may have some crank case pressure. It may stop if the pcv valve is seated good.
Right I remember the stock valve covers with the oil filler part having that line that ran to the tb, so I had the shop test fit these covers for me and unfortunately when the they cut the cover then we had clearance issues with the new oil filler and my power pipe. I thought it was weird to run a breather anyways and the guy oddly enough said this would help with the said crank pressure you mentioned. The TFS oil filler does did have a spot to add an adapter to it then run the line, but now it’s plugged currently and on the opposite side. It seems I could swap the oil filler back to the passenger side but then I’m stuck with hole on the other side as I don’t think I could plug the breather on that side bc there is no room. Even if I ran a line from it’s current position will it do anything with the fact that there is a breather and won’t be technically “closed” ? I’d rather not have to buy new covers as I like these but I won these at a car show and only paid to get them powder coated. As for the pcv valve and screen, the screen wasn’t very dirty looking it looked clean and shiney silver like normal. I used a little rtv and now the grommet is seated nicely and not just flopping out.
8C9234C2-5F29-42D1-A591-81A756E4D0DB.jpeg

I use these 94 dodge pickup breathers and run the hose to the intake track like stock. They are baffled and the better ones have a screen in them. Keeps oil out of the intake and off the valve cover. Can even add a little parts store ( advance auto ) breather filter on the end or use a hose and mount it remotely. It fits in the valve cover grommet....grommet can also usually be installed at the top of the filler neck.

Screenshot_20200131-102655_Chrome.jpg