It's been awfully quiet around here.....(What we're up to, AKA the BS-ing thread)

LILCBRA

I started this morning by knocking out some studs
10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2005
Marietta, Ga
So I finally got back to work on the master bedroom/bath again last night - specifically the bathroom. Had to install shut off valves for the shower over the weekend before I could continue, but I swung the sledgehammer a few more times and have the walls mostly knocked out.

IMG_20191210_194803.jpg

Started putting the cart before the horse in my mind yesterday too. Been thinking of having a commuter car since the whole ordeal with that Kia happened and looked around online for something. Been thinking of either a '97 or 2007 V6 Mustang, mainly because the 2 I have now are 77 and 87, figured I'd keep the same theme. Found a couple options that aren't horribly priced around me, one specifically, but then I'd be getting a loan and negating the positive effects of having the truck paid off. It's a sickness I tell ya!!

• Sponsors(?)

Enzio

Dang it. I was hoping mine would get 3 more inches
May 14, 2019
Minnesota
I know what you mean! I told a former work peer yesterday about how I was going to rebuild my engine when spring comes around, and he asked if I'd ever thought about buying a new mustang...IT IS A SICKNESS!!!!!

Enzio

May 14, 2019
Minnesota
For me maybe a dozen is extreme. Can't drive them in the winter around here...at least not very well. I know cause I drove my II one winter...thus all the rust that needs to go away.

Reactions: 2Blue2

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
polk county florida
I'm always told that I could have a new mustang (without payments) but I'd have to sell off my stash of cars and parts.
Not gonna happen although I have been tempted a couple times.

LILCBRA

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2005
Marietta, Ga
Can't drive them in the winter around here...at least not very well. I know cause I drove my II one winter...
Right there with ya. I drove mine in the winter for a few years, mainly because I was young and broke. One thing is certain though, you will learn how to drive in the snow and ice if you have to! One year I was driving an 85 GT and went about 90 miles out of town to visit someone. I stayed too long and we ended up having freezing rain in between Cedar Rapids and Waterloo. I made it home like 4-5 hours later by driving on the shoulder and using the rumble strips to gain momentum. Luckily it was pretty late and there was no one else on the roads except my dumb ass! :jester:

LILCBRA

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2005
Marietta, Ga
source.gif

It's been a full week since anyone's posted - are you all alright? No one has gone ice fishing and fell through, have they?? Do we need to send a search party??? :rlaugh:

I am SO tired of working on my house! I want to spend all this money on my Mustangs!! All I can think is how bad-ass they'd be if that were the case.....

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
Box behind Walmart
www.stangnet.com
No one has gone ice fishing and fell through, have they??

I ran the Kraton 6s out on the ice (no pics or vids but because)...

The ice is still too thin to support me. It's maybe 3/4" so far.

Anywho... I sent the Kraton out with the first battery I picked up and had a pretty good run. After a bit, I took the Kraton V4 tires off and installed my Proline Super Swamper TSLs. These work a lot better! :rock:

Then the battery quit while I'm two-thirds of the way toward the center of the lake. :doh:

I walked back up to my hobby hut to grab the Talion to rescue the Kraton. The problem is that the Talion is useless! LoL It's can't get traction and it's not heavy enough to move the big ole Kraton, even with a running start.

Brought the Talion in and put the Kraton V4 tires on it. That gave me the grip and mass I needed to get the Kraton in.

Yay! A thousand dollar rig (with upgrades) rescued. hahaha... A good day.

I did take precautions prior to running the Kraton for "Just the fck in-case" (that's mine but feel free to use it). I packed the car with pool noodles before installing the canopy. If it did break through the ice, it would just float there until the day arrived that I could retrieve it. :D

That of course would weigh on me every day that I couldn't retrieve it. :notnice:

So... One of the RC projects this winter is to improve upon our recovery system (or lack thereof): I think that very [large] and [inexpensive] RC snow crawler is in order. CHEAP and RELIABLE for this particular RC.

LILCBRA

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2005
Marietta, Ga
It's times like those that I wish we all had a documentary camera crew following us around. I mean it would be funny to look back at some of the dumb s**t we've all done at one point or another in our lives. Case in point, my aforementioned story of driving the 85 in an ice storm. Not that the event was funny at all, but we could have a laugh at it in hindsight. That and I'm sure there were moments that something was said or done that would be funny.

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
Box behind Walmart
www.stangnet.com
It's times like those that I wish we all had a documentary camera crew following us around. I mean it would be funny to look back at some of the dumb s**t we've all done at one point or another in our lives. Case in point, my aforementioned story of driving the 85 in an ice storm. Not that the event was funny at all, but we could have a laugh at it in hindsight. That and I'm sure there were moments that something was said or done that would be funny.

"dumb:poo:" would have been trying to walk the ice to retrieve the Kraton. LoL

If anyone across the lake was watching, I'll bet they were thinking: "I wonder if that dumbass is going to try walking out there to get it :O_o: " (hand poised over 911).

• Haha
Reactions: General karthief

LILCBRA

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2005
Marietta, Ga
Maybe the next time you get something stuck on the ice like that you could rent a Mach E to retrieve it. I don't think many would miss it if THAT were to fall through the ice. Of course it would need to be remote controlled too, so I dunno how that would work..... Maybe you could send my ex to grab it - you know, 2 birds and all..... lol

Falling through the ice is no fun. Did it when I was pretty young - like around 2nd grade or something like that - it was enough to put me off from ice fishing regardless of the thickness of the ice.

Enzio

May 14, 2019
Minnesota
Back in the 70's I put a snowmobile through the ice...Extreme Panic...only to find out it was only 4 feet deep. Thus the thin ice. Definitely don't want to do that again though. I'm not going ice fishing until after the new year.

Reactions: LILCBRA

Enzio

May 14, 2019
Minnesota
No I wish. That was my Dad. I was only 10 at the time. I think it had a V8 though but I'm not sure.

• Happy
Reactions: 2Blue2

Olivethefet

Slap me as well as point and laugh
May 17, 2018
Enterprise AL
Were I grew up we dont get a lot of snow. Maybe a few times a year. We do have small mountains, large flat hills, that require you to down shift to get up them. I got stuck out in a small snow storm once with my girlfriend. I spent about an hour trying to get my 300zx to go up a particularly steep part of the road. I could only go a little way then would loss traction and slide back. Thinking back it was pretty stupid. I dont know what I would have done if we had ended up in the ditch. It wasn't life or death stupid just dumb. We ended up getting a hotel room in town and waiting for things to thaw out the next day.

Reactions: 2Blue2 and LILCBRA