It's been awfully quiet around here.....(What we're up to, AKA the BS-ing thread)

LILCBRA

I started this morning by knocking out some studs
10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2005
Marietta, Ga
Dang thats a lot of rip and tear.
At least you can shut the door on it. Lol
That's exactly why I installed the door first. :D
It's quite a temperature difference with the ceiling ripped out of that room compared to the rest of the house. And if you notice in the pic I posted with just the doorway framed, the thermostat is right there. Since I'm living in my basement I didn't want the furnace kicking on in an effort to battle the cold and bake me out of the house. This way it's at least slowed down quite a bit.

I got my shower framing done last night after work. Now to install the next layer of subfloor before installing the shower base and continuing with the wall framework. My short term goal is to be ready to install the shower base and remove and enclose the double window in that room since that will be where a closet wall will end. I'm hoping to get all of that done this weekend and have a buddy come over to help me install the shower base. The original shower was something like 36x36 whereas the new shower is 36x48. So if anyone's feeling up to it, you're all welcome to come over and give me a hand!! :rlaugh:

82725744_10218779545972655_5476472593940742144_o.jpg

• Sponsors(?)

2Blue2

I partied with that dude!, um girl, um whatever...
Mar 5, 2019
Oahu
you're all welcome to come over and give me a hand!! :rlaugh:
If i was close enough I would.
Always happy to help a friend. Sometimes having a buddy over really helps me with motivation too.
But if after 4 I would need a beer in one hand.z

Reactions: LILCBRA

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
Box behind Walmart
www.stangnet.com
I gotta get me one of those!
And I don't even drink beer.
What a night. :nonono:

I had a stroke of genius.

I was up all night long.

I had to pee like every 5 minutes.

At long last though, I made this:

for you :D

Many long hours of research and development went into this design. Case studies had to be performed to determine the suitability of the structure to support heated caffeinated beverages versus cold brewed hops and barley products.

After strenuous study and application of the standard quantum mechanics within the material world, we arrived at this:

1579799562365.png

It will revolutionize the coffee drinking industry. :neat:

2Blue2

I partied with that dude!, um girl, um whatever...
Mar 5, 2019
Oahu
Now with electric refill reminder

$_3.JPG

Honerable mention

41+q5FLnu0L._SL160_.jpg ancient-rome-beer-hats-Beverage-Holder-font-b-Helmet-b-font-Drinking-Straws-Plastic-Beer-Drink...jpg th-39.jpeg

Even North Korea is getting in on the act though they try to keep it under there hats
main-qimg-78c3eeeaf051145b7e7261d8a476dafa.png

Reactions: General karthief

LILCBRA

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2005
Marietta, Ga
In other news..... :rlaugh:

The :poo: radio in my truck decided yesterday morning that it wants to restart every 2-3 minutes! It's still the stock stereo that came with the truck, the UConnect 5.0 RA2. Did some googling and found that it's a fairly common problem, but I really couldn't find a solution other than to take it to the stealership to have them dink around with it. They may or may not figure it out, and in any event it's gonna cost me whatever they wanna charge. The best explanation I could find was that Sirius issued some kind of update that causes this. :leghump:rs!!! So why doesn't Sirius pay?!?! :mad:

Anyway, to avoid any future issues, I ended up spending almost $400 for a new aftermarket unit and all of the accompanying components to install it. Not too happy about spending that money right now, but I would definitely be annoyed even more with the stereo restarting every couple minutes while stuck in Atlanta traffic. I ended up opting for a decent upgrade with navigation and other bells and whistles. We'll see how this all works out. I guess I should count my blessings, huh - it's not the transmission!! :jester:

Reactions: RaggedGT

74stang2togo

NERD!
Mod Dude
Mar 7, 2002
In other news..... :rlaugh:

The :poo: radio in my truck decided yesterday morning that it wants to restart every 2-3 minutes! It's still the stock stereo that came with the truck, the UConnect 5.0 RA2. Did some googling and found that it's a fairly common problem, but I really couldn't find a solution other than to take it to the stealership to have them dink around with it. They may or may not figure it out, and in any event it's gonna cost me whatever they wanna charge. The best explanation I could find was that Sirius issued some kind of update that causes this. :leghump:rs!!! So why doesn't Sirius pay?!?! :mad:

Anyway, to avoid any future issues, I ended up spending almost $400 for a new aftermarket unit and all of the accompanying components to install it. Not too happy about spending that money right now, but I would definitely be annoyed even more with the stereo restarting every couple minutes while stuck in Atlanta traffic. I ended up opting for a decent upgrade with navigation and other bells and whistles. We'll see how this all works out. I guess I should count my blessings, huh - it's not the transmission!! :jester:
Went through that with Sync in my F150. The Pioneer in the 4Runner now was its replacement.

I hate to hear that about Uconnect, it's my favorite OEM user interface.

Reactions: LILCBRA

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
Box behind Walmart
www.stangnet.com
The 2012 era stereo system in the Enterprise-V, (see wut I did there? I kill me) still amazes me every time I crank it up. Knock on Wood, it hasn't given me any issues. I don't even want to think about what that might cost. :nono:

LILCBRA

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2005
Marietta, Ga
Went through that with Sync in my F150. The Pioneer in the 4Runner now was its replacement.

I hate to hear that about Uconnect, it's my favorite OEM user interface.
Yeah, wasn't what I wanted to spend money on. I actually haven't had a problem with the system overall until now. I'm hoping the new unit works well, I've read some good reviews on the one I went with.