It's been awfully quiet around here.....(What we're up to, AKA the BS-ing thread)

LILCBRA

I started this morning by knocking out some studs
10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2005
Marietta, Ga
We can party for 7 days, but definitely not IN 7 days!! lol

Maybe in a couple of years we can all plan a Mustang Week trip and meet up at my place if needed. It's roughly 5 hours to Myrtle Beach from here and I know the Cobra will do it since it made it without a problem in 2016. :D And if it's anything like it was in 2016, we'll be the only one's there with a II and among the minority with anything older than a Fox. I can tell you that people notice a II at that event, I stuck out like a sore thumb (or a red-headed step-child - I'll let you be the judge!).:rlaugh:

Reactions: 2Blue2
  • Sponsors(?)

LILCBRA

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2005
Marietta, Ga
So what's everyone up to for turkey day 2019? I'm single, no kids, a thousand miles away from the rest of my family and friends this holiday season, AND I'm on call for the hospital for the next 4 days. I have a funny feeling there will be a few tryptophan seizures and food comas this weekend! So, in my off time I plan on tearing the walls down in the bedrooms and starting on that project. Anyone plan on doing anything "fun" like that - car project, house projects, shoveling snow.... (@Enzio :jester: )??

My uncle posted on the book of faces that he had some new snowfall last night, looks like he has somewhere around 6 inches of the stuff on his patio table. Not here however - today's high is supposed to be around 71! :D I sometimes miss the snow as I lived with it for 40+ years, but then again it's kinda nice not having to deal with shoveling myself out!

uNYXUG9EjMqUzlqyukXYI--UAlg&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.jpg

And just to be clear, I'm NOT asking for it in these parts! People around here have a hard enough time driving when it's 80 and sunny - throw some of that white stuff on the ground and people lose their minds!!

View: https://youtu.be/LoujWceQyw8

Enzio

Dang it. I was hoping mine would get 3 more inches
May 14, 2019
Minnesota
No big plans here. I've got family coming in this afternoon. The best I can hope for is that my brother-in-law is interested in helping me weld up the floor pan in my car..
Some welding enhancement fluid usually goes a long ways to getting help.

Enzio

May 14, 2019
Minnesota
I was working in western NC for a couple years and Atlanta got two inches of snow. I didn't personally see it but I was told that people just abandoned their cars on the freeway...
We got 7-8" of the white stuff last night. More on the way for the weekend. Local skiing coming soon! Hoot!
Going to my daughter and son in law's house for dinner. I'm smoking the turkey. That'll be fun. Then I'll be clearing more snow. Getting new tires for my truck on Friday. Then clear more snow.
Monday skiing on the north shore of Lake Superior.

LILCBRA

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2005
Marietta, Ga
I was working in western NC for a couple years and Atlanta got two inches of snow. I didn't personally see it but I was told that people just abandoned their cars on the freeway...
Yes they were! It looked like a zombie apocalypse!!

My ex was working that day (when she actually HAD a job!) and was let out at noon - just like EVERYONE else in the city. Her 30-45 minute commute turned into an 8 hour bitch fest. She called me a few times wanting me to come get her. I responded a couple times asking what the hell did she expect me to do? I was home with her kids, bring them out with me then we could ALL be stuck in our cars for however long?! I finally caved when she called saying she was like 2 or 3 miles away. I loaded up the truck (a 2wd Expedition) with a shovel, kitty litter, chains, a tow strap, and let the drive tire pressures down to around 20 PSI. I told the kids I'd be back in a little while and left. I got to a point where I was maybe 2 or 3 blocks from where she said she was and called her cell asking if she thought she could make her way to me. When she told me that she made it home I was PISSED!! :mad::fuss:

2Blue2

I partied with that dude!, um girl, um whatever...
Mar 5, 2019
Oahu
Going to a friends house for dinner today.
There will be turkey, i understand one will be baked, one deep fried, and one air fried.
Im excited for the impending Turkey Coma.

Anyone plan on doing anything "fun" like that - car project, house projects, shoveling snow.... (@Enzio :jester: )??
Been working on my addition day and night. Adding some on down one side, with some vaulted ceilings.

tzx%2rlcTWaocUjXoaH9Cg.jpg
PHWLto85SXCQ7GBRHd+D6Q.jpg

Enzio

May 14, 2019
Minnesota
The addition looks really nice and big. I've always liked vaulted ceilings. How do you plan on tying the roof-line together? Or, is the original roof coming off?

LILCBRA

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2005
Marietta, Ga
Nice!!

Yesterday was demo day around these parts! The truck is loaded and waiting for tomorrow morning when the landfill opens. I'll be making 2 runs for sure.

IMG_20191128_102633.jpg
IMG_20191128_105709.jpg
IMG_20191128_170408.jpg

I started this morning by knocking out some of the studs, then had breakfast. I also laid out some of those 2x4s to get an idea of how the bathroom extension and new closet is going to lay out. As I already assumed, I'll be relocating at least one window. I think I'm going to be splitting that duct to at least run partially into the bathroom.

IMG_20191129_094838.jpg
IMG_20191129_094906.jpg

My dilemma now is if I want to spend some money this weekend on flooring. There are a couple of laminate designs on sale for Black Friday weekend at the Depot. The debate in my head is whether I want to get one of them for this project, for the living room when I get to it, and if I even want a hard floor in the bedroom at all. I kinda think I want to have carpet laid in the bedroom. :thinking:

LILCBRA

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2005
Marietta, Ga
I was cruising right along until the handle on my sledge hammer broke. Now I gotta get out and get a replacement. I think it'll wait til tomorrow after I unload the truck at the landfill a time or 2.....
IMG_20191129_132502.jpg

2Blue2

Mar 5, 2019
Oahu
Wow LilCobra, no basking in glory of the finished kitchen till next year. Just rip and tear!

My dilemma now is if I want to spend some money this weekend on flooring.
Don't buy flooring till sheetrock is done.....Just be in the way

How do you plan on tying the roof-line together? Or, is the original roof coming off?

One whole side of new roof will have to blend in the shingles. I'm to the point I need to get the solar panels removed temporarily.
Alas nothing is easy.

Reactions: Enzio

LILCBRA

10 Year Member
Dec 6, 2005
Marietta, Ga
Don't buy flooring till sheetrock is done.....Just be in the way
Nah, I have plenty of space to store it, but I decided to go another route anyway. I ended up ordering the new shower kit. I did some looking around on Home Depot's site and found that if I bought the pieces individually instead of as a kit I could get it cheaper. The individual pieces were on sale as the kit was not, so that saved a whopping $20. And Kroger had a deal going that if you bought 2 Home Depot gift cards you'd get $10 off, so I did that the other day in anticipation of me using them. So overall I saved a little more than $30 on the whole setup, but that takes away from what I had to buy the flooring so that's not gonna happen anyway. And, like I said, I'm leaning toward having carpet laid in the bedroom anyway, so it doesn't hurt my feelings. :D

Enzio

May 14, 2019
Minnesota
The City plowed my driveway in so I went out to clear it out and look what I found in the garage. I started it up and let it run for 20 minutes.
WINTER COBRA.JPG

• Love
Reactions: 2Blue2 and LILCBRA

2Blue2

Mar 5, 2019
Oahu
The City plowed my driveway in so I went out to clear it out and look what I found in the garage. I started it up and let it run for 20 minutes.

Your referring to the snow blower right?

Of course you could clear the driveway with nicely aligned burnouts from the Cobra2 too.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: Enzio