Just took delivery of a 2020 GT Premium PPL1 6-Speed!

Qwk88LX

Dec 1, 2003
Sunrise, FL
After owning a foxbody for 20 years (still got it), today I finally got a modern day stang! :D I was lucky to find this 2020 GT Premium PPL1 with a 6-speed, and only 7K miles. The previous owner had it for about 7 months before she traded it in for a pickup truck. I initially had my mind set on finding an all black one, but I love the Magnetic Metallic & black wheels combination. Just gonna enjoy it for a while before I do any mods.. definitely tinting the windows though, the south Florida sun is brutal! I love this car! Track mode is just right :nice:

IMG_20210423_132144_395.jpg

IMG_20210423_132144_844.jpg

PXL_20210423_160825804.CINEMATIC_exported_34134.jpg

PXL_20210423_160748373e.jpg

IMG_20210423_132144_827.jpg

PXL_20210423_155113127.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

That's the same color my 19 ecoboost was. I loved the color. Sold the car last week for 2k less than what I bought it for. Bought an f150. Teenage kid moved with me. Now, two teenagers in the house. Needed more space for athletic gear. If I had the 5.0 it woulda been harder to let go.

That's the same color my 19 ecoboost was. I loved the color. Sold the car last week for 2k less than what I bought it for. Bought an f150. Teenage kid moved with me. Now, two teenagers in the house. Needed more space for athletic gear. If I had the 5.0 it woulda been harder to let go.
I hear ya man, what did you get as a replacement? Mach-E GT? lol.. I read that $24K more than a V8 GT, they're cool & all, but that is ridiculous!

After owning a foxbody for 20 years (still got it), today I finally got a modern day stang! :D I was lucky to find this 2020 GT Premium PPL1 with a 6-speed, and only 7K miles. The previous owner had it for about 7 months before she traded it in for a pickup truck. I initially had my mind set on finding an all black one, but I love the Magnetic Metallic & black wheels combination. Just gonna enjoy it for a while before I do any mods.. definitely tinting the windows though, the south Florida sun is brutal! I love this car! Track mode is just right :nice:
Hello! My name is Nick, and I'm in Auburn, WA, and I'm new to this forum. Congrats on your purchase of your 2020 GT! Beautiful car. I have the exact same car in Kona Blue, stock for now as well.
I am writing to ask you for a favor. My car has an engine surging issue that two dealers and Ford have not been able to fix. When you drive your car, at steady light throttle in any gear, but most noticeable at 40 miles per hour in 4th gear on a straight and level road, do you get an engine surge? On mine, there is a bit of a rhythmic surge every few seconds, and the vacuum air/fuel ratio gauges fluctuate when the engine surges. Ford says they can't do anything about it until the dealer finds and drives a similar vehicle, but unfortunately, there aren't any similar cars at the dealerships near me. For now, I'd just like to know if other cars do what mine does. Would it be possible for you to check if yours does the same thing? Or, maybe you've already noticed the issue?
Thank you so much.
Nick

I am writing to ask you for a favor. My car has an engine surging issue that two dealers and Ford have not been able to fix. When you drive your car, at steady light throttle in any gear, but most noticeable at 40 miles per hour in 4th gear on a straight and level road, do you get an engine surge? On mine, there is a bit of a rhythmic surge every few seconds, and the vacuum air/fuel ratio gauges fluctuate when the engine surges. Ford says they can't do anything about it until the dealer finds and drives a similar vehicle, but unfortunately, there aren't any similar cars at the dealerships near me. For now, I'd just like to know if other cars do what mine does. Would it be possible for you to check if yours does the same thing? Or, maybe you've already noticed the issue?
Thank you so much.
Nick
Go back and tell those suckers of cock to fix it or replace the whole damned car.

If they try pulling that crap again, you tell em straight up that you don't give a damn what [their] issues are. You didn't bring your car to them to discuss what problems they have.

They know how to get Ford involved. If they keep jerking you around, come back and post about it. Make sure you get names and dates and locations and everything.

At least one of their knuckle-dragging morons should have gone to troubleshooting school. If not, too bad; They can buy back your lemon and get you a good one.

(waiting for another car with the same issue... What kind of bull:poo: is that???)

Thank you so much.
Nick
Hey Nick, no I have not experienced any issue like that. You should speak to whoever's in charge there, give them a hard time until that's fixed or replaced. Maybe go to a different Ford dealer, other than those 2.

At least one of their knuckle-dragging morons should have gone to troubleshooting school. If not, too bad; They can buy back your lemon and get you a good one.

(waiting for another car with the same issue... What kind of bull:poo: is that???)
:lol: yeah, agreed

Go back and tell those suckers of cock to fix it or replace the whole damned car.

If they try pulling that crap again, you tell em straight up that you don't give a damn what [their] issues are. You didn't bring your car to them to discuss what problems they have.

They know how to get Ford involved. If they keep jerking you around, come back and post about it. Make sure you get names and dates and locations and everything.

Noobz347, I appreciate your enthusiasm! I hate to hijack this thread. To elaborate a bit further, I have a case opened up with Ford on the issue. Here is what the technician found when he confirmed the issue by driving the car:

"Test drove vehicle while monitoring PIDS and duplicated concern. Found VCT solenoids changing position when concern is present. PCM is commanding the solenoids on and off. Suspect concern is normal operation considering VCT difference PIDS are reading close to zero degrees. OASIS by symptoms and hotline knowledge base did not reveal any cases of this being of concern. We have not seen a comparable vehicle and have been awaiting similar build vehicle for comparison at the dealership. Will continue to monitor. Customer will be contacted if difference is noted which would need more attention."

So far, Ford has indicated that the will not do ANYTHING about the issue until the repair facility can drive a similar car, from their lot! Ford did give me a Premium service contract for my trouble (rolls eyes).

Do any Ford people with influence monitor these forums???

They used to. Let's ping them and see if there's a response:

@FordServiceCA

I haven't seen activity on that account since 2017.

You definitely need to get more folks from Ford involved. Their reply is utter nonsense. I have worked and helped to build some very complex computer and mechanical systems in my years and when a problem like this arises, you troubleshoot it. They have engineers that look this issue over and help to find a solution.

It stinks like pure laziness and yep... That kinda stuff is aggravating.

How old is this car? How many miles? Has it always done this?

I haven't seen activity on that account since 2017.

You definitely need to get more folks from Ford involved. Their reply is utter nonsense. I have worked and helped to build some very complex computer and mechanical systems in my years and when a problem like this arises, you troubleshoot it. They have engineers that look this issue over and help to find a solution.

It stinks like pure laziness and yep... That kinda stuff is aggravating.

How old is this car? How many miles? Has it always done this?
I bought the car brand new in March of 2021. Currently, it has 1,760 miles on it. All stock. Always done this, since day 1.
Just try to call Ford on this. Most of the time, you can't get through. The customer service rep that I have corresponded and spoken with is just that, a customer service rep. It took me three calls to get her to understand that the problem has been identified...I can't seem to get past her to anyone with authority. The local dealership is at a loss...they are being stonewalled by Ford as well.

I bought the car brand new in March of 2021. Currently, it has 1,760 miles on it. All stock. Always done this, since day 1.
Just try to call Ford on this. Most of the time, you can't get through. The customer service rep that I have corresponded and spoken with is just that, a customer service rep. It took me three calls to get her to understand that the problem has been identified...I can't seem to get past her to anyone with authority. The local dealership is at a loss...they are being stonewalled by Ford as well.

Ok... So you haven't resorted to emailing Ford directly. I would do that next. Be sure to include any customer service numbers that you already have. Make it clear that you want this issue troubleshot and corrected and that waiting for the dealership to come across another car with the exact same issue is not an acceptable answer nor is it a resolution that you're having with Brand Spankin' New Mustang that you just dropped a metric ton of money on. :nono:

If they don't like it, then you'd be happy to discuss returning the car to Ford or exchanging it for one they need not troubleshoot. :O_o:

Feel free to copy past the smileys to your letter. :D