Keyless entry alarm

belam

Jul 4, 2020
I have just purchased a 95 gt convertible. It had no alarm or keyless entry option when originally sold.
What are my options? Do I look for a used one out of a parts car? Do I opt for an aftermarket alarm system? If so, what is a good brand?
Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I have a 1995 Vert. ARE YOU SURE that this car when purchased didn't have an alarm. Do you have the original key fob that came with it? I am asking this because I was told the same thing for my 3.H8. I went to AZ and bought 2 of the 4 button key fobs. I used a paper clip to jump the wire harness into learn mode (in the trunk) and then programmed in both FOB and been using all of it ever since.

FORD is LAZY and usually everything is there on all models if you know how to activate it.
If you have power locks there is 99% chance that you have keyless entry also

Worst case trying this route is that you have to return the key fob to AutoZone and get a refund.

Last edited:
Well, I did look carefully in both sides of the trunk for the module. Both, even though it should be on the driver's side. Then, there was the technique of cycling the key on/off etc, and it indicated that the module was absent.
I once owned a different 95 convertible and it had options that this doesn't. Rear defroster, convertible top boot, and keyless entry. It's a basic model GT and my other one had money spent on options but it wasn't a GT. I do like the leather that comes with the GT. And the price was good, 46k miles.
But, it would be good to go to AZ just to be sure. Thanks.