kmember and front suspension question

TIGGER

Founding Member
Mar 6, 2000
Portland, OR
Visit site
If it works as well on the bushings, as it did on the ball joints I might have a shot of Gentleman Jack tonite to celebrate....
Lost my shade and it got hot ( florida) so the attempt on the bushings will be later this afternoon/early evening....
Stay tuned......
MIght just put in Yellowstone season 1 in the DVD.... Just finished up with season 4 ( Go Jimmy) and I can't wait for season 5........
DSCF1022.JPG

I ended up using my ball joint tool to do the bushings on the control arm for my SN95 last year. It worked ok. I made some spacers to keep the control arm flanges from bending in. LOL I started watching season 4 again last week myself.

Reactions: 1 user

Mustang5L5

Put lubricant all over the balls
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Do you think that K members were built a year in advance of build time?

No clue.

I’ve found most parts on these cars tend to be within 2 months of the build date. For instance my car was built April 10th and things like the block and heads were only cast 2-3 weeks prior. The rear axle was assembled a month prior.

I wouldn’t ponder about it too much.

limp

wrap a little cheese around it and its a done
Oct 4, 2020
Florida
No clue.

I’ve found most parts on these cars tend to be within 2 months of the build date. For instance my car was built April 10th and things like the block and heads were only cast 2-3 weeks prior. The rear axle was assembled a month prior.

I wouldn’t ponder about it too much.
No, I won't, Makes me think it was maybe replaced at one time??

limp

wrap a little cheese around it and its a done
Oct 4, 2020
Florida
I ended up using my ball joint tool to do the bushings on the control arm for my SN95 last year. It worked ok. I made some spacers to keep the control arm flanges from bending in. LOL I started watching season 4 again last week myself.
Well, it looks like my ball joint remover will not work removing the bushings... at least not with what I have.. The "C" frame flange needs to be bigger or the parts smaller... darn it..
I remember trying this on a press or a vise one time and having the same problem with the flanges bending inward.... I went to a muffler shop and the guy cut me some exhaust pipe the correct size and that fixed it....