Progress Thread My centrifugal ppl, how’s this deal?

Code 96 – KOEO- Fuel pump monitor circuit shows no power - Fuel pump relay or battery power feed was open - Power / Fuel Pump Circuits. The fuel pump lost power at some time while the ignition switch was in the run position.

This means you are having issue with the Fuel Pump relay. In your year model it is under the MAF, so it is exposed to hot/cold all the time. It is probably going bad, and once it warms up making it have issues.
Ok I’m gonna have to figure out where that is. Any idea what it looks like? Guess I can try and google it.

• Sponsors (?)

A relay :p

2463784_46_full-jpg.jpg

They all look the same but the body color can be different green, brown, or black. Its under the MAF, bolted to the apron.

Reactions: 1 user
The good thing about megasquirt based thinking systems is the ability to post data logs. It would allow us to see what is actually happening while the engine is running. The Pimp is the best my consensus...but my mspnp2 is decent, too. I'm very new to all this and a91what has been a huge help.

I used to run moates quarter horse chips... but after running into several people ( including myself ) with actual ECU circuit board issues I ditched the 30 year old computers.

Also, I've seen people constantly dropping hundreds of dollars to sct tuning shops and still have issues.

The good thing about megasquirt based thinking systems is the ability to post data logs. It would allow us to see what is actually happening while the engine is running. The Pimp is the best my consensus...but my mspnp2 is decent, too. I'm very new to all this and a91what has been a huge help.

I used to run moates quarter horse chips... but after running into several people ( including myself ) with actual ECU circuit board issues I ditched the 30 year old computers.

Also, I've seen people constantly dropping hundreds of dollars to sct tuning shops and still have issues.
Cool I googled them, is one better than the other for boost applications. Can one buy the setup for a NA and still use it same system once you add boost. I’m not looking to buy this today, hoping I can figure out these little bugs on my car and get it running right for the time being with the SCT chip in it.

You can use the same system for just about all applications....except a ford v10....but it'll run a viper v10. The mspnp2 is limited to bank firing of the injectors...meaning it fires left bank then right. This is fine for our cars....but the ms3 and pimp can do full sequential injection and coil on plug ( like newer cars ). The pimp and ms3 also have the ability to tune each cylinder... but that requires o2 sensors at each exhaust port. These systems are amazing. If I did it again I'd get the ms3 or pimp. Madmike1157 is upgrading his to ms3.

It's literally plug and play.

A relay :p

2463784_46_full-jpg.jpg

They all look the same but the body color can be different green, brown, or black. Its under the MAF, bolted to the apron.
Ok I’m confused, bought the relay but looked where the mass air used to be and saw this black plug relay thing. I also checked some videos on YouTube and a guy on there with a 91 as well had a video but he was showing his fuel pump relay as under his drivers seat? I looked and I also have this relay under the little metal thing beneath the seat which kind of has the same little slide thing to keep it in place. Is that right? Here are the two pieces I am talking about. Or maybe neither are correct haha
60565A4A-A9ED-48D5-93A6-F22EE9D966B6.jpeg
77E9C06C-495B-462D-A961-EAC0F2845538.jpeg
12652AB9-C723-43C6-9282-20F992AADE32.jpeg
476222E9-8014-4F82-A769-6EDE0D8F80E4.jpeg

The one on the inner fender is the WOTC... is used to cut power to the ac clutch when you are accelerating.

The fuel pump relay always has a green connector.... and the main feed wires are pink with black stripe in all older fords.

Edit; almost always

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Did a few of them make it into 92 models? Mid year would be the start of the 93 production year. I could see how a few might have got the newer harness.

Joe

Yes sir, they used up what they had left then moved on to the harness with both relays by the maf on the harness.

So if it’s the one under my seat then what is that other one in the engine bay? Just so I can know what it is.

The one on the inner fender is the WOTC... is used to cut power to the ac clutch when you are accelerating.

The fuel pump relay always has a green connector.... and the main feed wires are pink with black stripe in all older fords.

Edit; almost always

Like mentioned above the other relay is the wot cutout relay for the ac clutch.

@90sickfox @KZGUNS @stanglx2002 @Boostedpimp so unplugged the IAC and it made this same kinda loud shrill ring noise I was posting about then just shut off. Idk if that is what it was suppose to do or should it have just ran rough or at a lower rpm? Does this mean it bad or good? It’s the original IAC that’s been on the car.

View: https://youtu.be/TRkguiIA9UE

I believe it's all how you set the idle in the tune. On a cold motor, just about all stangs should need IAC assistance but once warmed up and at operating temp. If idle is adjusted with no IAC duty cycle needed, it'll idle fine on it's own. Once you add an additional load like the AC it'll kick up the IAC dc.

As far as the noise I'm thinking the noise could be the air flow being restricted or not allowed to flow around the throttle plate anymore due to unplugging the IAC. When IAC is unplugged it will completely close.

Stop stressing over that sound. I chased that sound for a year with everybody telling me it was a vacuum leak. I had the intake off 3 times, even tried two different intakes, 3 or 4 sets of tb/ egr gaskets, even a aftermarket spacer, sometimes it was louder than others but it was still there, now I just live with it, stupid ricers think I have a turbo! :doh:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users