Progress Thread My centrifugal ppl, how’s this deal?

I believe it's all how you set the idle in the tune. On a cold motor, just about all stangs should need IAC assistance but once warmed up and at operating temp. If idle is adjusted with no IAC duty cycle needed, it'll idle fine on it's own. Once you add an additional load like the AC it'll kick up the IAC dc.

As far as the noise I'm thinking the noise could be the air flow being restricted or not allowed to flow around the throttle plate anymore due to unplugging the IAC. When IAC is unplugged it will completely close.
Gotcha well the car was cold when I did that just wasn’t sure what the car was suppose to do when I unplugged it, but was idling at what it normally does.
A65536B5-524C-4A42-BA82-E296C909A007.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

Stop stressing over that sound. I chased that sound for a year with everybody telling me it was a vacuum leak. I had the intake off 3 times, even tried two different intakes, 3 or 4 sets of tb/ egr gaskets, even a aftermarket spacer, sometimes it was louder than others but it was still there, now I just live with it, stupid ricers think I have a turbo! :doh:
Ha yeah man I know, wasn’t sure what exactly was suppose to happen when I unplugged the IAC was all. That noise does annoy me though but scares other ppl in the what does he have in there! Kinda like how my first mustang whined with a bad tranny and everyone that it was blown. Scare tactics!!

Reactions: 1 user
I had a guy follow me into a car wash because he thought my car was blown. It was just my Flex fan. Lol

Ok so did the code dump. Neg off, lights on, off and reconnect. Car is running, been almost 15 minutes. Was a little rough running. This was bc I went to drive the car and it still wanted to turn off. Parked the car let it idle, check engine light would flash, I would rev it and it would go away, decided to bring it back to the apt, pulled in to the garage and it shut off. So now I’m in the mist of this code clear. Guess we shall see how it ends up.

So finally got new armrests bc mine were blown out and flopping everywhere, scattering foam stuff all the time. At first I was like wtf why these so different then realized that’s how they were originally. They match pretty good. While sitting there screwing these in I happened to notice that my rear wheels seem off. Like my passenger side looks flush with the outer lip where my drivers seems slightly inside the lip. I didn’t notice this once i installed them, thought they looked the same but again I might have just mesmerized and excited so didn’t notice it. Anyone know why that would happen?
9E446FD5-C1E4-4845-ADCE-7F32AFA91F7B.jpeg
20C9CCCD-1836-4840-82E3-0CB83F755E0C.jpeg
800B1A8D-D4A6-4E25-A22A-272D0BBB8636.jpeg
6ECD8717-0EE9-4A68-A57E-1E259A365925.jpeg
8B4081BE-1E22-4E5E-9D3E-E027165C67C6.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
They look pretty close to me. I've seen a difference on a bunch of mustangs. Sometimes it's because of low quality control at the plant. Wouldn't notice anything if ya hadn't brought it up.

Reactions: 1 user
If it truly irritates you... you could throw a 8mm spacer on that wheel to even it up a bit. The spacer on one wheel would bother me more.

If you really want to drive yourself crazy measure the wheel arch height at all 4 corners.

They look pretty close to me. I've seen a difference on a bunch of mustangs. Sometimes it's because of low quality control at the plant. Wouldn't notice anything if ya hadn't brought it up.
What!??! Are you blind? There has got to be 3/4” difference between the two sides. The passenger side sidewall is even with the wheel lip, the driver side is under it..

And to think..You are driving a car at night.:eek:

Really? 3/4 inch? Ok, but what about difference in how those arm rests fit? One looks like there is more of the plastic edge showing than the other, or was that just bad photography, Don't get me wrong they look good just wundren.

What!??! Are you blind? There has got to be 3/4” difference between the two sides. The passenger side sidewall is even with the wheel lip, the driver side is under it..

And to think..You are driving a car at night.:eek:

The monster sits the same way....are you sure the stands were even when ya welded the spider brace in...:runaway:

@CarMicheal Angelo ...

We can't all have 315s....or chop our cars to make them " look " even. I guarantee they're not perfectly even... down to the thousandths of an inch. Where's the pic of the rear with a micrometer measuring both sides. Come on, Mike... prove me wrong. :chin:runaway:

You can't see both sides at the same time. No one will notice.... unless they're just trying to find something wrong. Always good to check bushings and stuff. A trip to a frame shop isn't a bad idea either just for assurance. No telling what a car has really been through.

:leaving:

Last edited: