Progress Thread My centrifugal ppl, how’s this deal?

All tuning is done live in real time, I do a takeover of your laptop thru the magic of the internet and you watch me make changes. Unless you are looking to seek out every last hp I dont need the car on a dyno, it can be done on the street. I put guys into the 8s in the quarter with street tunes and on3 turbo kits.
Well some of them, the stock block guys wont survive at 25psi.
I like what you speak mister
All tuning is done live in real time, I do a takeover of your laptop thru the magic of the internet and you watch me make changes. Unless you are looking to seek out every last hp I dont need the car on a dyno, it can be done on the street. I put guys into the 8s in the quarter with street tunes and on3 turbo kits.
Well some of them, the stock block guys wont survive at 25psi.
I like what you speak there mister

• Sponsors (?)

Just cover the built in camera on your computer, he might be watch'n you while you be watch'n stuff, you know 'stuff'.
If my hot wife says I can have whatever I want like @Mstng93SSP did!! I’m buy a bottle of some good yak, a pimpxs, and flowers? Idk?? But in all seriousness is this computer F’in my car up! Long run I’m not selling this car, I plan for a blower and once this little 302 goes 347 it’s gonna be on a better block probably a dart.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 1 user
See, that's the great thing about something like the Pimpxs, or most of the megasquirt stuff. It grows with your car. Boost, engine change, you name it.

This is my car idling on Steve's tune. It idles ROCK SOLID at 800 RPM. Car has AFR heads, Trick Flow Stage 1 cam, intake. If you ever had surging idle/high idle you kiss that goodbye with a good tune.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le-D40jJZi0

To answer your question about your computer, it needs to be fixed, that little can with the junk leaking out is cry for help, is that the cause of your no start condition :shrug:
That distributor cap looked pretty bad too so again :shrug:

The megasquart stuff is great and if you choose to go that route great choice but eitherway, I would get the a9l rebuilt and keep it. They're value is shooting up and they are getting very hard to find.

Reactions: 1 users
I have a megasquirt in my car MSPNP2. PimpXS is a better bang for the buck. A91what also tunes my car and I'm very happy with where my car is. Still has minor things to be worked out but my car needs more mechanical work to move on to the next level of tuning. There is a learning curve but over the last couple years I've learned a lot about tuning. If you have an android phone you can even do gps tracked data logging.

Screenshot_20190613-090956_MSDroid.jpg

Quick google search:
There are others, some members have had their computers rebuilt.
But keep in mind, what is gonna happen in five years? Will you still be able to get them rebuilt? Just something to thing about.
I’ll probably get this one repaired to have it around. Really leaning towards a stand alone. Came across this though just browsing eBay and this same company you posted had this auction going which isn’t a bad price compared to the online price.
9DE4D825-5B80-436A-BD8D-942C6F39C169.png

I’ll probably get this one repaired to have it around. Really leaning towards a stand alone. Came across this though just browsing eBay and this same company you posted had this auction going which isn’t a bad price compared to the online price.
9DE4D825-5B80-436A-BD8D-942C6F39C169.png
Hey bro I'll hook you up. I have a good A9L laying around that my PiMP replaced. PM me if interested.

Well currently I have ordered and received a new distributor, went with a hot forged or DUI just to replace my duralast autozone piece that’s been in there. Also sent my ecu out to ecuexchange and had it repaired. Seems like there was more issues than just the crapped out capacitors. I am gonna run this for, and once this covid pandemic passes then I’ll end up buying the pimpxs system. For now can’t see spending the cash on it as reasonable aka my wife would be pissed lol so have to let this stuff subside. This is what the company that fixed the ecu had to say. Sound normal? I guess for as old as it is, it seems normal.
5D60D11B-BF84-47FF-9AFA-01F114E3C289.jpeg
CF34D222-0A43-43B6-B02F-CCA59C07CEB2.jpeg

Fixin' chit that ain't broke, was never a fan of that. I hope it works out.

edit:
I highly suggest you not install that distributor until you install your repaired ECU and figure out if your problem is solved. Replacing other parts at the same time could possibly cause other issues. If your cap was bad then replace that, but not the whole unit until other issues are sorted out.

Sounds legit on the ecu , hope it solves your issues.
On the distributor front it's been my experience that aftermarket electronics, especially tfi's
don't play nice in these cars.
I am not familiar with DUI distributors so maybe that will be a good replacement.

Fixin' chit that ain't broke, was never a fan of that. I hope it works out.

edit:
I highly suggest you not install that distributor until you install your repaired ECU and figure out if your problem is solved. Replacing other parts at the same time could possibly cause other issues. If your cap was bad then replace that, but not the whole unit until other issues are sorted out.
Yup I just wanted a new and better distributor. That duralast is crap. When I first bought it and was adjusting timing I barely touched the tfi and it legit just broke completely off. So had to take it back and get a new one. This one had been in for at least 6-7 months I think or maybe a year by now. I am gonna run the computer and see how it goes before I just dump in the new distributor. From what I’ve read and heard on these dizzys though is they are legit compared to the msd ones, especially the street fire ones. I have other pieces from them besides their dyna battery. I don’t usually try and fix things that ain’t broke but sometimes I just spend money for no reason.

Sounds legit on the ecu , hope it solves your issues.
On the distributor front it's been my experience that aftermarket electronics, especially tfi's
don't play nice in these cars.
I am not familiar with DUI distributors so maybe that will be a good replacement.
Don’t know either but I’ve heard a lot of good things about this one as compared to the msds. First I’ll just plug the ecu back in and see how that goes before I just slap the new distributor in.

Don’t know either but I’ve heard a lot of good things about this one as compared to the msds. First I’ll just plug the ecu back in and see how that goes before I just slap the new distributor in.
I have one of those distributors sitting in the box waiting to go into my car also, which will be going in here soon.

Alright, well I’ve had the ecu back for a second but been busy with house projects. All in all it looks pretty good and renovated. Now I need to get the car out for a spin and see how she does. I still have the new dizzy but won’t touch that for now. Gonna drive the car and see if I get any of the same symptoms or if it functions better now that the ecu has been fixed up. Opened it up just to look and plug my chip back in. Whatever they cured it with smelt good! Weird I know!! I asked them to try and extend the capacitor near the J3 port. Plugged it back to then harness and cranked it on and it fired right up just haven’t cruised it yet. In the mean time I had bad hatch carpet sag since removing the spare tire. So I remember @Noobz347 stating to get a sheet of aluminum. Checked it out and seems like the carpet had some hard board built into that they glued the carpet over, could be wrong. Anyways I ended up just picking up some eucaboard from home depot for 9 bucks, traced out the carpet template on it and cut it out. Slapped it in there, tossed the original carpet cover back in and it did the job.
9019A7AC-1965-4A0B-9ACB-96A181E19DC3.jpeg
3ECC704D-346A-4AAA-B401-8C327069CB84.jpeg
220EF784-E12A-446C-A272-DBEB2D40A987.jpeg
37726C1A-45F9-4D36-A197-728CA5F4FDF9.jpeg
9BCC4F7A-25BD-40D2-82CA-50C454B8926E.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users
After all you have been through hope all is well. Its a bad feeling to have the car sitting , and it wont run. Mine had a pip problem that took a month to figure. I would come home from work and see my baby just sitting there dead . it eats at you.