308.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 2102B575-0686-4902-A050-7D4BDFB9C8D1.jpeg
    2102B575-0686-4902-A050-7D4BDFB9C8D1.jpeg
    289 KB · Views: 82
  • 51F8A854-EBCF-4B2A-9CAE-299E06C05920.jpeg
    51F8A854-EBCF-4B2A-9CAE-299E06C05920.jpeg
    374.2 KB · Views: 86
Reactions: 3 users
Well I decided to buy a DSS block. I figured with all that’s done to these blocks it’s not a bad deal and I’ll have a spare block or rather a nearly complete block with the old e7 heads for a roller project if I come across something I like. Wouldn’t mind an old falcon for my wife.

Attachments

• 426BDAF5-7196-4A67-BBFB-50C39CB23F19.jpeg
    426BDAF5-7196-4A67-BBFB-50C39CB23F19.jpeg
    210.4 KB · Views: 78
I am considering this rotating assembly. I had wanted to be at a lower compression ratio but it looks like the kits with H beam rods don't have a piston with a bigger volume, clearance issue maybe? This kit is +6cc, assuming a zero deck this kit will be 10.53:1 I'm confident our resident tuning master @a91what will keep me safe :D
If you guys know of any other kits i should consider let me know!

Reactions: 1 user
I am considering this rotating assembly. I had wanted to be at a lower compression ratio but it looks like the kits with H beam rods don't have a piston with a bigger volume, clearance issue maybe? This kit is +6cc, assuming a zero deck this kit will be 10.53:1 I'm confident our resident tuning master @a91what will keep me safe :D
If you guys know of any other kits i should consider let me know!
FWIW my 306 that had the blower originally on it was 10.5:1

Pulled plugs. #1 looks a bit lean but no speckling etc. now #4 way rich and wet with fuel. Stuck injector? Definitely gonna send them off to cleveland injector hospital this winter. Rest of the plugs were mostly grey.
Checked while hot. #4 130 #2 130...

plug after a meth bath I mean spirited drive lol

Before you make any major changes, try just closing the gap on that one plug, juuuuuust a tad...

and check that coil and wire? :shrug:

How do I get one? I’d show my my support!

Ok, so I just got word from the boss...

This is how he's going to handle Stangnet sticker requests:

Send and email to [email protected] with - Name, Address, and sticker color (black or red).

If for some reason, yours doesn't arrive after say... 2 weeks (I'll check on this part) then send "Me" a Private Message. Please don't send status requests to the email address, only initial requests.

Oh and don't forget:

Your results may vary. :O_o:

If needed you could reduce compression with head gasket thickness but in doing so
you need to keep an eye on quench numbers.
Ya i thought about that but the quench would probably jump to .060 or worse depending on gasket. I think i'll just run a .041, with my luck a thicker gasket would create a worse detonation situation than just the comp. ratio.

Ya i thought about that but the quench would probably jump to .060 or worse depending on gasket. I think i'll just run a .041, with my luck a thicker gasket would create a worse detonation situation than just the comp. ratio.
I don’t understand why you’d invest in a stock block knowing full well the limitations of it. At 1200, for that “ seasoned“ DSS block, you are only 800.00 away from never having to worry about limiting the power output for the sake of keeping the engine in one piece. Coming first hand from someone who tries to make cheap sht work only to have to do it all again the right way, The voice of reason rings out loud and clear...........Don’t cheat yourself.

I don’t understand why you’d invest in a stock block knowing full well the limitations of it. At 1200, for that “ seasoned“ DSS block, you are only 800.00 away from never having to worry about limiting the power output for the sake of keeping the engine in one piece. Coming first hand from someone who tries to make cheap sht work only to have to do it all again the right way, The voice of reason rings out loud and clear...........Don’t cheat yourself.
I hear what you’re saying and I personally believe there’s more blocks out there putting out big power without a problem then there are blocks breaking. If I’m wrong I’ll have egg on my face but we’ve all been there. There’s guys up here throwing more at stock blocks than I’ll be. We’ll see. There’s always a chance I’ll change my mind and go another direction.

I hear what you’re saying and I personally believe there’s more blocks out there putting out big power without a problem then there are blocks breaking.

Yes, except every a-hole on the internet is automatically pushing 500 HP, and the ones that have time to apply internet rationale have settled on a number somewhere between there and 750. So... take those statistics with a grain of salt. If we're talking verified track motors well... How long to these actually stay in cars? A season, with trained-ish driver? Of those, how many jump back onto their account to say, "Oooops. That didn't work well".

I hear about Yeti all the time. There are cities of them. :oops:

Finally, "Big Power" in a 3300lb Mustang on the street is anything north of 400/400. The rest is noise and wheel spin.

Can you tune a nice gradual power curve into a stock block to make a gentle peak number? Why certainly! :nice: It's that [fat] torque number and a ton of traction that's going to cause the stock block to crack.