LILCBRA's 87 GT convertible project (and it's lack of actual progress!!)

Sometimes keeping your eye on for sale ads pays off in ways you'd never expect.....

I was perusing Craigslist and come across this ad:

He's selling this complete top/frame assembly:

1618507114590.png

It looks pretty good from the pics, and the price isn't all that bad, and I've been thinking that I want a tan top.... :chin
Gonna get a hold of him and see about picking it up over the next couple of days. He mentions in his ad that he's not sure if the hydraulics work, but I just happen to have 2 sets here so I don't care about any of that. As long as the top is decent and the frame isn't jacked, it's kinda what I want to do anyway. Fingers crossed! :)

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Picked that top up. It's a little dirty, but otherwise it looks to be in pretty good shape! It's now taking residence in my shed with a lot of the other parts I've picked up.

Reactions: 2 users
Just a copy/paste of the mass air pin changes so I won't have to search again. I might actually try to button this up tonight after work finally. :chin

Mass AirFlow Wire Harness Wire Callouts
Red Wire-VPWR (Main Power) This wire must be spliced into pin 37 or 57 on the 60-pin main connector.
Black Wire-PWR GND (Main Ground) This wire must be spliced into pin 40 or 60 on the 60-pin main connector.

Green Wire-MAF RTN (Signal Ground)This wire/terminal must be inserted into location 9 on the 60-pin main connector.
White Wire-MAF RTN (Signal) This wire/terminal must be inserted into location 50 on the 60-pin main connector.

I seem to remember running into another tutorial a while back that has you move a couple of other wires. For example, let's say there's a wire in location #9 for the green wire. That wire would then relocate to pin #X. Does anyone have any insight or a better tutorial/diagram for quick reference? Like I said, it's been a while....

Their install is incomplete.

You also should wire in Pin 3 and Pin 6 to the VSS, and connect pin 19 to the load side of the fuel pump relay to hook up the FP monitor circuit.

Reactions: 1 user