Looking for a GOOD Aluminum Hyd. floor jack

thehueypilot

Feb 25, 2004
Medina,Tennessee
I am looking to replace my older steel, floor jack with a newer aluminum, 2 speed floor jack (my back is getting old). I like the weight savings and the quick, 2 speed option but cannot find a good quality model that is not "Made in China" and price is not a limiting factor (within reason). I looked at a what I thought was a good one at Sears but this link says it all: http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/prod...AUTO&subcat=Lift+Equipment&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes (Note the reviews for this product)

Anyone got any ideas of where to purchase a good quality, aluminum floor jack that is rated for 2 tons?

• Sponsors (?)

I have had the sears one for about a year now, and also own a generic chinese aluminum 'racing jack', and I have used a few other aluminum jacks. The comparison between the two i own is night and day. The Sears one has been reliable thus far, unlike my other one. However, in respect to all aluminum jacks- none that I have used seem to ever be as good as a heavy duty steel one.

However, IMO, I truely believe that many of these aluminum jacks are made by the same company and relabled and painted to sell as a Sears, northern, etc. Take a close look and you will see what I mean.

My buddy that races a Outlaw 10.5 car had one, pretty handy at the races where you have to usually lift it out of a trailer. He said the nice thing about it being aluminum was that he could throw the POS further. It failed and dang near hurt some people. He's lugging a heavy steel jack now. I think the only aluminum jack I'd trust would be one made by the companies that make the NASCAR jacks. Problem is they're about $1800 last I looked.

My buddy that races a Outlaw 10.5 car had one, pretty handy at the races where you have to usually lift it out of a trailer. He said the nice thing about it being aluminum was that he could throw the POS further. It failed and dang near hurt some people. He's lugging a heavy steel jack now. I think the only aluminum jack I'd trust would be one made by the companies that make the NASCAR jacks. Problem is they're about $1800 last I looked.

What makes them better when they are the same weight and perform the same function. Are they made out of 7075 aluminum with some special hydraulic cylinder? I would pay half that amount for a really good one. What company makes the NASCAR jacks?

Works great for me, no problems yet.
CopyofCraftsmanJackPicturesNew035RE.jpg

Attachments

• CopyofCraftsmanJackPicturesNew035RE.jpg
    CopyofCraftsmanJackPicturesNew035RE.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 72
I JUST had to replace that same sears jack. They fail all the time. I was very dissapointed with it. I too read the reviews after mine failed - I have it for over 1 year (out of warranty) but I had not used it very much. I printed out the reviews and brought them with me to Sears as ammunition and proof that it was a poorly designed product. The manager replaced it....unfortunately, I got the very same jack, so I am just counting the days before this one fails...

The final death of mine occured when my neighbor used it to jack up one corner of his truck - so I would say that it isn't really rated at the 4000lbs, like they say.