Loss of spark?

97_4.v

Jun 24, 2019
Indiana, US
Hello relatively new cobra owner here, it’s a 1997 in decent shape, but recently ran into a problem, I’ve replaced half the sensors in the car trying to troubleshoot it and I’m just stumped, it will randomly die and shut off and not want to crank again for a while until I let it sit, we’ve pulled the plugs after it’s done this and they’re covered in gas, any thoughts? To me it seems to be randomly killing spark some time after the car is at full operating temperature and driving normally, then in an instant, either loss of spark or WAY too much fuel is being added. Not sure what I need to replace now but also just for further info, before it completely shuts off and dies and fails to restart, it will have a random misfire attack and it acts like a buck and surge like a carbureted car would if there was a fuel delivery problem, but even worse, it just torques up and has insane misfire streaks and bucks and surges and then only after that will it completely shut off and I find damp gas soaked plugs, any suggestions? I’d love to get some more miles under my belt before winter comes.

• Sponsors (?)

Also I seem to only have one fan speed and when at low speed the car gets awfully hot until it reaches the top of the gauge and then you can hear the fans start to spin and the car rapidly cools, so I feel like the low speed doesn’t work or it’s not sensing that it’s hot until it’s very hot, and I’ve recently replaced the thermostat and coolant temp sensor so I know it’s not that, it stays cool at like 50+ but in slow town driving it gets hot until those high speed fans kick on, and I’ve seen somewhere that the ccrm controls low fan speed so I’m wondering if that could be it.