• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Lowering stock seats

  • Thread starter Thread starter jas142
  • Start date Start date Dec 13, 2003
J

jas142

Founding Member
Feb 11, 2002
1,358
0
0
Dec 13, 2003
#1
  • Dec 13, 2003
  • #1
I got my 'Stang today and I love it! Its so hard breaking the car in, I wanna see what this 4.6 has, but I gotta wait another 920 miles or so

Anyway, my last car was a 300zx which is VERY low to the ground and the stock seats are pretty much racing seats.. So I sorta miss my old seating position, which is very very low lol. Is there anyway to lower the stock power seat further then the power controls allow it? Like a way of moving it lower manually? Thanks
 

jadesville

the polarbear conservation corps protects a polarb
20+ Year Stangneter
Oct 8, 2003
2,189
0
47
Gresham, OR
Dec 13, 2003
#2
  • Dec 13, 2003
  • #2
i dont think there is unless you wanna do some choppin
 

4.6_02_Black_GT

Founding Member
Jul 26, 2002
622
1
0
Charlotte NC
Dec 13, 2003
#3
  • Dec 13, 2003
  • #3
Heres how I fixed and lowered my seating position, new Recaro's

anyway when I removed the old ones, I checked them and really there is nothing to lower the frame is pretty much as low as it will go, stock seats are kinda tall(from the floor board to you top of the seat cushion).


 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Resolved Holley terminator integration into CCRM
  • BrandonMP
  • Feb 25, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
469
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Aug 23, 2026
fasterthangas
F
L
2012 Seats in 98 GT Convertible - pictures coming
  • lparsons42
  • Aug 11, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
318
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 17, 2025
lparsons42
L
S
Engine Belt routing with supercharger and smog/ac/ps delete
  • Steve6482
  • Jul 15, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
97
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 15, 2026
Steve6482
S
B
Idler pulley as substitute for Power Steering Pump ?
  • Bhenders
  • Jul 15, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
5
Views
264
Other Auto Tech Jul 16, 2026
LILCBRA
Ford truck engine swap issues
  • keel
  • Jul 7, 2026
  • Other Auto Tech
Replies
17
Views
527
Other Auto Tech Jul 13, 2026
General karthief
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?