Mach 1 Mach 1 Questions

uhoh5.0

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2002
Montgomery, AL
Hello Everyone,

I've been on and off this board for probably over 10 years now. I've had tons of different cars in that timeframe, but I always seem to come back to the mustangs.

Anyways, I've been thinking about buying a Mach 1 as a second daily driver. I've just recently moved and I am finally living in a town with it's own drag strip! So, it only makes sense that I buy something that I can run down the strip:D

I've got a few questions about the "search" and the planned mods:

1.) In looking for a decent, low mileage car (say <50K miles) I am expecting to pay somewhere in the 12-14K range. Does this sound reasonable?

2.) In terms of mods, it looks like full exhaust (LT's, O/R X or H, Cat back), CAI, drag radials, Plenum spacer, tune, & shifter. Am I missing any key mods? With these mods, I would expect times in the 12.6 to 12.8 range???? Assuming I can remember how to drive one!

3.) What is the concensus on the bottle. Seems like a 100 shot should be ok? With the above mentioned mods and a healthly 100 shot that should dip the times into the high 11's or at least the low 12's?

4.) Anything in particular to watch out for when searching for these cars? Common failures? How durable is the 3650?

I thank everyone in advance for insight on this topic. I had the chance to get behind the wheel of a full bolt on Mach early in 05 and was very impressed with the power the car had. I've always considered owning one since then. As far as mustangs go, I've had a 94 GT with the 5.0, a 2004 GT vert, and a 66'

Thanks!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Consider visiting 'mach1registry.com. It's all Mach on and you get lots of answers and see examples of time and various methods to get there...with or without a bottle. Great site for Mach info. Good luck with the bolt ons.

Consider visiting 'mach1registry.com. It's all Mach on and you get lots of answers and see examples of time and various methods to get there...with or without a bottle. Great site for Mach info. Good luck with the bolt ons.
forum for that site is 'mach1registry.org not .com