Mach 1 Mach 1 with Louvers...Whats your opinion?

Jts853

Dec 31, 2003
Mesquite, Texas
So I'm thinking, how good would some louvers look on a 2003 grabber blue Mach 1? I found some on Stangnet's Partshopper and I was wanting yall's opinion on whether or not it would look great, or mean or whatever. Let me know, thanks.

Jeff Scoggins

• Sponsors (?)

Jts853 said:
So I'm thinking, how good would some louvers look on a 2003 grabber blue Mach 1? I found some on Stangnet's Partshopper and I was wanting yall's opinion on whether or not it would look great, or mean or whatever. Let me know, thanks.

Jeff Scoggins
You can go to Mach1 registry and see some pictures of a bue mach with luvours. I personally don't want any for myself, but they don't look bad either. I guess it's just a matter of personal taste. I just think it takes a little away from the black spoiler.

Personally no one makes any that looks right for our shorter back glass.
Visus comes pretty close. Their aluminum which is good, but........the guys who have them on their new Machs and having to put them up as high as possible to keep it from hitting their trunk lid.

And by it being up higher on the glass I dont like the profile from a side view.
Not to mention its getting into the air more. Some will say they dont create noise, but some will put up with something just to have the "look".

I have always loved them on the '70's Mach 1's but I haven't personally seen them on ours. I just wished we had more choices. Thats not likely to happen.

Having an older '71 Mach with louvers, I think they really give it the retro look, yes you have to mount them up on the glass to fit properly, but no one has complained about any noise at all from them. Been to the track and no noise over 100MPH...Personal Taste...

They do make another by ASTRA (ABS Plastic) that fits tighter to the glass.

VISUS:
1top_view.jpg

ASTRA - As you can see, it fits closer to the glass, and doesn't ahve the trunk lid problem. Will fit '94-UP!
94_rear.jpg

Attachments

• 1top_view.jpg
    1top_view.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 273