Mach 460 Help (wanting to put int aftermarket HU, bypass amps, but use stock spkrs)

paint

Jul 1, 2010
I have a 96 mustang with the mach 460 sound system. The idiot that I bought my car off of has blown the two rear amps for the low and butchered the wiring harness for it. The headunit is junk, buttons missing and doesnt work well. I am wanting to install an aftermarket head unit and run new wires(bypassing the amps), but I wanting to use all the original speakers. Anyone know how to do this? I thought I came across instructions on how to do so while researching on google, but i cant find it for the life of me now. I want to send the highs to the 4 intended speakers and lows to their intended. I dont want something fancy, just to be able to listen to the radio while driving.

• Sponsors (?)

Trust me, you are just better off installing a new aftermarket head unit and new aftermarket speakers. I had the same issue in my 96 Stang where the dude before me ripped out the Mach 460 and replaced it with a regular stock radio wired to the mach 460 and it sounded like crap. I ended up running new wires, new speakers and added a 4 channel amp along with a aftermarket stereo.