MAF System

• Sponsors (?)

It is all TPS position based. Easy to setup and tune but best for a racecar. Personally I would run maf for fuel and sd for afr and ign load. Once the maf is all tuned in you can use histograms to set everything up for maf mode if you want but the sd based afr and ign load tables work well.

@mustang70 I know malcom is looking at running both on his. Not sure if he has done it or looking into it. I asked him to post up if he does get it complete.

Did he finally make the switch? I know when you and I were first looking at this set up he said he was running everything in speed density. I remember he was thinking about trying it out, but I didn't know he actually did.

I don't know who malcom is... but maf is very simple to setup. I can even show you how if you like.

Like GodStang said, he's another Cobra guy on another forum. He's the type that will pull an engine and rebuild it just to try something new. We're not trying to step on any toes.

I don't know who malcom is... but maf is very simple to setup. I can even show you how if you like.

I was poking through the software and it didn't seem too hard. Just had to turn on the MAF and I figured we would use voltage. I think the only "issue" I saw was needing to find the info for the BA3000 I have. But I think I can get those of the SCT software I have. I'd just have to transfer it to the MAF curve I found in TunerStudio.

In short yes but you want to do it one step at a time. First step is to wire it in if not already and get the curve in the ECU, then log the voltage to make sure you have a useable input.

My understanding is I just use the stock plug for the MAF. I think I lose one input, but I should have enough other inputs left for what I want to do.

Aren't you supposed to be on vacation?

Last edited: