• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Math experts wanted

  • Thread starter Thread starter realtripp
  • Start date Start date Feb 29, 2004

realtripp

New Member
Mar 1, 2003
202
0
0
Ft. Madison, IA
Feb 29, 2004
#1
  • Feb 29, 2004
  • #1
I had my turbo engine rebuilt before I stick it in my car and my machinist bored the cylinders out .030 and I was wondering if there is any significant additional displacement differece.

I cant wait to drop this thing in my car!!
 

bhuff30

Founding Member
Dec 11, 2001
6,037
35
129
Olathe KS
Feb 29, 2004
#2
  • Feb 29, 2004
  • #2
an extra 2.8 cu in.
 

Bearded Forever

Type O Danzigative the Dark
Founding Member
Sep 4, 2000
4,927
3
98
Vinland
Mar 1, 2004
#3
  • Mar 1, 2004
  • #3
You have a 142cilx!
 

realtripp

New Member
Mar 1, 2003
202
0
0
Ft. Madison, IA
Mar 1, 2004
#4
  • Mar 1, 2004
  • #4
I am so going to feel that extra power

Can I just say that I have a 143cilx? Round up that .8 ci.

This bastard engine cost me an arm and a leg to get it rebuilt.
 

Asha'man

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2002
1,909
0
0
Denver
Mar 1, 2004
#5
  • Mar 1, 2004
  • #5
Hope it's not a five-speed then, you'll have a helluva time trying to drive it.

Ash
 
1

140cilx

Founding Member
Sep 7, 2001
2,385
0
0
GA
Mar 1, 2004
#6
  • Mar 1, 2004
  • #6
I'd have to file a name infringement lawsuit. BEWARE!
 

Cougar

Founding Member
Sep 29, 2001
913
0
0
Manhattan Kansas, KSU
Mar 1, 2004
#7
  • Mar 1, 2004
  • #7
realtripp said:
I am so going to feel that extra power
Click to expand...
nope.
 

Bearded Forever

Type O Danzigative the Dark
Founding Member
Sep 4, 2000
4,927
3
98
Vinland
Mar 1, 2004
#8
  • Mar 1, 2004
  • #8
You need that valve cover cougar uses.
 

realtripp

New Member
Mar 1, 2003
202
0
0
Ft. Madison, IA
Mar 1, 2004
#9
  • Mar 1, 2004
  • #9
I have that valve cover, except I took off the black crinkle paint.

Yes, it will also be a five speed, btw it will be my second t-5 conversion, I might get pretty good at it soon.

Check out my new sig coming soon, I will be 143cilx.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

J
Help Figuring Motor Choice(Possible future turbo)?
  • jaygee15
  • Dec 14, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
13
Views
808
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jan 3, 2026
Jarhead67
J
Front Coil Overs and Rear Traditional Springs within a Maximum Motorsports K-Member Kit
  • Habu135
  • Sep 7, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
625
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 9, 2026
Habu135
M
Idle control problems
  • miser143
  • Aug 28, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
147
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 29, 2026
DadLife0724
Engine Looking for suggestions and or ideas
  • PonyGTrider
  • Aug 25, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
17
Views
471
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 7, 2026
PonyGTrider
S
idles perfect then jolts and cuts out when put into Reverse or Drive.
  • shanesstangs
  • Mar 12, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
309
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 27, 2026
General karthief
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?