Suspension Maximum Motorsports Kit whats my best option to reach my goals

I agree with bird_dog, think of it this way, SVT built that turbo car with bigger brakes and just so happened to be 5 lug to boot, that model was pointed towards the road coarse twisty stuff,
Not that stock mustang brakes aren't adequate for everyday driving, they do the job. Adequately.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the input gents. what your both saying makes sense. Ive got toyo 888r's on the rear and nitto somethings on the front (these will get swapped at some point). Tires are another necessary tool for success and something I heavily believe in. Im a moto rider as wheel and have done some track days on two wheels learning how important tires are in aggressive situations like those on two wheels.

It comes down to me wanting to do everything I can in house to learn how to make the best machine possible. I agree buying the best isnt always ideal and even though I have the cash Im cheap in the end game. a 5 lug conversion definitely opens up options for added success but at the end of the day its gathering the parts, installing them and then purchasing wheels and tires which adds up to a :poo: ton of money at the end of the day. Plus swapping out axles seems like a blackhole of difficulty for me at this time. Chassis, then a much need suspension upgrade are 1 and two on my list. There is no way I would run stock brakes on the track, its asking for trouble from the start.

Its the approach of priorities first and then the consideration of 5 lug swap and brakes being the third priority. Might not be the best approach according to some but on the street I fairly easy on brakes as Im a firm believer in the slow in, fast out approach.

I recently had a shop swap out my 2.73's for 3.73's which make a tremendous difference in the car's "performance" on the street. The "slop" in the front end is so bad and dangerous compared to other vehicles Ive driven.

I really appreciate the advice and help. Im on the final approach to my parts list for success based on your recommendations.

I think you have your priorities a little mixed up.
The brakes on a foxbody really just aren't up to multiple stops.
Back in the day they tested the baer kit vs stock. First 3 stops stock was within like 10ft, then it skyrocketed.
I do know first hand what stock brakes do when over heated.

Then you have maintenance. Rotors and packing bearings? Fixing drums? It's an unpleasant experience to work on either one. I will never buy another vehicle with drums, if i do, first thing i do is convert to disc.
94/95 spindles are light years ahead of fox spindles.

Pulling axles? Takes little time or expertise. Pull the pin, push axles in, remove C clip.
Don't confuse it with changing gears or the traction loc. Two completely different tasks.

Let's just say i was to buy another foxbody, first thing i would do is subframe connectors and torque box strengthening, then 5 lug 94/95 spindles and rear discs. After that, regardless of what i did, i would at least know the foundation was good.

Reactions: 1 users
Been a short minute but Ive finally ordered Stifflers subframe connectors along with a few other goodies (harness bar and harnesses).

So the million dollar question should I buy a welder and install myself (Im a super novice at welding or have. shop do this?

Its the question of am I going to spend 500 bucks at the shop for the install or apply that money towards a welder?

Been a short minute but Ive finally ordered Stifflers subframe connectors along with a few other goodies (harness bar and harnesses).

So the million dollar question should I buy a welder and install myself (Im a super novice at welding or have. shop do this?

Its the question of am I going to spend 500 bucks at the shop for the install or apply that money towards a welder?
Do you have time to practice at welding?
Will you be inclined to glue more stuff together with fire?
It's a handy tool if you're gonna use it.

Do you have time to practice at welding?
Will you be inclined to glue more stuff together with fire?
It's a handy tool if you're gonna use it.
Great quesitons. Ive opted to not purchase a welder as I would not utlized the cost of the purchase at this time.
Welding is someting I want to learn down the road however time doesnt allow me to do so at this time. Sub frame connectors are going in 3 weeks form today and Im excited to see the difference. Thanks again for the help and advice. your still the expert :)

Great quesitons. Ive opted to not purchase a welder as I would not utlized the cost of the purchase at this time.
Welding is someting I want to learn down the road however time doesnt allow me to do so at this time. Sub frame connectors are going in 3 weeks form today and Im excited to see the difference. Thanks again for the help and advice. your still the expert :)
Don't base your decision on anything I post. You apparently have not read my disclaimer:
'Advice given is not based on any real mechanical experience.'

Don't base your decision on anything I post. You apparently have not read my disclaimer:
'Advice given is not based on any real mechanical experience.'
No worries General. I take it for whats it worth and that the knowledge you and others provide on this forum. Opinions of others on topics we are unfamiliar with are simply guidelines to their experiences based on facts or simply what they believe. I never would have tackled replacing gaskets / motors etc without the advice of this forum and will continue to do so. You guys are the experts that guide the experienced and unexperienced. Ive learned alot and will continue to do with the knowledge this platform provides.

Reactions: 1 user