Roush Met Steve Saleen in Albuquerque - Neighbor Bought the '05 Berrylium S7

Well, I finally got to meet Mr. Saleen yesterday. He was here in Albuquerque for the 45 Anniversary of the Ford dealership here. Very down to earth a mellow guy he is - pretty cool!

They brought the new S331 Sport Truck to show-off. Man! That truck just looks awesome! Now I need to get one of those too! I'm partial to white and they had a white one with the black chevrons/stickers.

Now, the real kicker. Atleast for me, because this guy I'm gonna' talk about just lives a few houses down from me. They had on display the 2005 Berrylium S7 (Steve's Car I think - not a "stock" S7, if that is possible) that has been going around to the various car shows this year - beautiful car. Anyhow, my neighbor, who owns just about every car I have ever drooled over ('04 Z06, '05 Z06, Copperhead Viper - 2 of them, RSI CTS-V Cadillac, '05 S281-S/C, '67 GTO, '01 S281 TT 1000 HP Saleen, 2 H1's, and the list goes on), showed up and offered Steve a bundle of cash for the car and next thing you know....he's buying the car!!! I'm really glad for him, but now I get to jones every day that I hear or see that amazing car. I have to stress hear, if you've heard that car just idle you'll know what I'm talking about.

It's not that ofter I get to share a story like that, so I thought I'd share.

• Sponsors (?)

S281SC#08 said:
Hey thats cool Billy but thanks for telling me he was comeing down if i knew i would have made the trip oh well. That is cool about the S7 though thats my dream car. Did Steve sign your car.

Sorry, Josh. Ford didn't tell/call me until the day before he was to arrive (actually the evening prior).

He did sign my cars, though.

98 Saleen Cobra said:
NICE you lucky guy!! That's awesome, I haven't had the pleasure of meeting the man, but my dad says he's a awesome guy.. I'm curious you have a Vortech V2 S-trim charger on a 05 saleen, why didn't you just keep the factory charger???
]

I actually bought an NA '05 Saleen so I didn't have a blower to keep. I purposely bought the car NA because I wanted to run a different blower. The twin screw/roots type chargers are the most fun in the city and have immediate power through midrange, but I wanted a system that would keep pulling and puling and go really really fast (the Vortech is good for a 192 mph topspeed). I also went with the Vortech because of the efficiency of the blower, nothing compares. I'm running around 9 lbs. of boost non-intercooled and I can still place my hand on the blower after driving the hell out of the car. With the twin screw/roots type I can barely place my hand on the blower while the car is idiling. There is also the ease of maintenance factor, Vortech are easy to maintain and service and don't wear out as easlily as the other types. Also, the numbers I'm getting from the blower are pretty good and especially for the price and quality. Saleen blower=approx $5700 + install for 370 or so rwhp and the Vortech = $3000 and I could do the install myself and ended-up with nearly 500 rwhp. Not to say that I probably couldn't do the Saleen install, it just isn't something I didn't want to attempt - I have an actual full time job. I did the Vortech in 2 evenings after work.
When Steve came to albuquerque, he brought his vp's and regional sales managers (executive staff) and they asked me the same question when they saw the Vortech - I told them the same thing - the did have any opinion after I filled them in on my reasoning. Ultimately, the smiled and agreed with my reasoning.

Thats cool Billy hey man me and some of my friends are going to get to gether we all have mustangs and take some pictures of the cars if you are interested let me know and we can figure something out.

I was down in Albq a couple weeks ago for a soccer tourney. Sorry I didn't get to meet up with anybody while I was down there.

(I had planned on trying to get by Rich Ford, but that did not happen)

Well Billy we do not have any thing planned just yet but when we figure something out i will let you know. Hey we are also going to go to the drag strip in Lubbock TX some time soon if you are interested in that.

S281SC#08 said:
Well Billy we do not have any thing planned just yet but when we figure something out i will let you know. Hey we are also going to go to the drag strip in Lubbock TX some time soon if you are interested in that.

Lubbock would be cool. I now have a new clutch installed that I need to quickly get a 1000 miles on. When is the first race of the year in Lubbock?

wsbrigham said:
Lubbock would be cool. I now have a new clutch installed that I need to quickly get a 1000 miles on. When is the first race of the year in Lubbock?

Well i think the first race is sunday (tomorrow) but i will not be going till i get my car on the dyno again hopefully next month maybe sonner and my buddy will be going also he has an 2004 Cobra about 500rwhp maybe more. Any way it would be great if you could make it down there with us. I will keep you posted.

rc10t said:
Hey Billy what part of town do you live? Who is this guy? Need to drive by and see this S7... Was bussy and didnt make it over to Rich..

I live in the Vista Del Norte subdivision which is SW of Calvary church sitting between Osuna and Paseo Del Norte.

The guy I'm referring is Joe -- don't feel comfortable throwing someone's full name out on the internet.