Progress Thread Monkeybutt2000's 89 vert build thread- Back on track

That wire with the cylindrical connector is for the computer ground. One wire goes to the negative battery cable, the ring is grounded to the inner fender panel and the round connector (cylindrical tube thingy has a connector in the wiring harness.

• Sponsors (?)

Yes you need that wire hooked up.

I solved my solenoid space issue with a GM power distribution block. It's located on the mid 80s to mid 90s chevy trucks. It's under the plastic cover at the top of the firewall. The new solenoids have shorter posts. I just ran a short battery cable ( parts store sells them ) and ran from solenoid to distribution block.

Screenshot_20220902-095212_eBay.jpg

It's under this cover. I take all of them I see in the junk yard. Run a battery cable from the solenoid ( on same side as battery cable ) to this block and hook your wires to it.

Screenshot_20220902-095341_Chrome.jpg

Here's how mine is with the drivers side wire tuck. I've got way mire stuff hooked up to it than you will.

20210221_164126.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Yes you need that wire hooked up.

I solved my solenoid space issue with a GM power distribution block. It's located on the mid 80s to mid 90s chevy trucks. It's under the plastic cover at the top of the firewall. The new solenoids have shorter posts. I just ran a short battery cable ( parts store sells them ) and ran from solenoid to distribution block.

Screenshot_20220902-095212_eBay.jpg

It's under this cover. I take all of them I see in the junk yard. Run a battery cable from the solenoid ( on same side as battery cable ) to this block and hook your wires to it.

Screenshot_20220902-095341_Chrome.jpg

Here's how mine is with the drivers side wire tuck. I've got way mire stuff hooked up to it than you will.

20210221_164126.jpg
So basically,I would run my power wire from the battery to the solenoid,then a short power wire from solenoid to distribution block. Then I can hook up the other powered accessories correct?

Reactions: 1 user
Man,this thing has tried my patience. Fuel leak where the feed line meets the hanger. Discovered a nick, not sure how I didnt see it before. So,Aeromotive hanger on the way. It's the one I wanted in the first place but it comes with a 340 pump,which I'll just sell. Other than that,upper intake,fan and shroud and this jalopy is ready for a new tune @a91what . Also scored some 94-95 spindles for $150. For some reason I cant attach pics now?

Reactions: 1 users