Progress Thread Monkeybutt2000's 89 vert build thread- Back on track

• Sponsors (?)

Update: pulled all rockers,and I'm just gonna guess that once I set the guideplates and tightened them down I never torqued them. They weren't "loose" but they were NOT 55# torque either. Gonna do another pushrod length check cuz I'm not convinced they're the right length.

Reactions: 4 users
Alright,received my valve spring compressor and low tension springs. Let's get this pushrod length narrowed down.
IMG_20230210_171402031_BURST000_COVER.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Alright,car is running pretty good thanks to @a91what . I have an oil leak issue and appears to be the valve cover. I believe these are the lmr rubber/steel version. Never had an issue before but its bad enough to make a spot on the floor. Two questions: has anyone ran a thin coat of rtv on this type of gasket? Also,its kinda hard to see but in the second pic there is a threaded hole on the side of the block. What is that for? Still has engine paint on the threads so looks unused,but definitely had oil there.
IMG_20230408_134439186_BURST000_COVER.jpg
IMG_20230408_134552917_BURST002.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Got this hood installed today,it's ok. Will eventually put the stock hood with the 84 GT scoop back on. I've been organizing a benefit car show for a work buddy who has stage 4 bone cancer. The first thing he asked me is if the Fox was gonna be there. So been burning the midnight oil to get it ready.
IMG_20230423_163741570.jpg

Reactions: 4 users
Well folks,had to cancel the show due to weather. No worries had a rain date and will be early summer weather. So,last time I drove the Fox,I heard rubbing and it smelled like burnt rubber. Appears my Team Z springs settled,and are letting the 275s rub on the 1/4s. Fortunately I have a fender roller on hand. Not gonna get to it today,but should alleviate any issues.
IMG_20230430_163546411_HDR.jpg

Reactions: 2 users