Progress Thread Monkeybutt2000's 89 vert build thread- Back on track

• Sponsors (?)

Minor update,scored this hood for $300, fella lived right down the road. Got the k-member swapped out for the CORRECT one. Now it's just turbo piping,radiator,etc.

Attachments

• IMG_20210928_185150954_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210928_185150954_HDR.jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 72
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 2 users
Time for a New Years update. Needless to say, 21' was a trying year for me (and many). Me and the wife are divorcing after 16yrs. Been trying to keep my head straight, spending time with the kids and working on a new house. Mustang time has been very short. However,I did manage to get the car running a few days ago. I'll try to attach a video, but the "new" PS pump is super loud. Besides that,pretty much fired right up and has good oil pressure. Need to get the timing set for the Megasquirt but it idles well and no scary noises. I really need to get the car to my garage, then I could spend a little time on it here and there. Edit:says files too large. Crappy video anyway due to PS noisy as hell.

Last edited:
So,got off work early and tackled a small project. I installed short travel lifters when I rebuilt the engine,and my ocd made me re-think my adjustment procedure. They only need zero to 1/8 preload. Git that knocked out in about an hour,I do believe I had them too tight.
IMG_20220311_131758833_HDR.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Finished stripping this a few minutes ago, what a PITA. Fuel injection harness. The tape was so hard you could crack it apart by bending it. Several of my fuel injector plugs had broken connectors,and I have new pigtails to solder on. I'll re-wrap whats necessary and cover everything with the DEI loom.
IMG_20220324_170623398.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
That DEI wire loom stuff is my new favorite thing. That stuff instantly makes under the hood look so much better.

Reactions: 1 users
Got the tank pulled and fuel pump out. Of course the filter sock decided to part ways so I had to fish that out. Used my electric pump to remove the gas,when I was done looked in the jug and saw this...Bleh, looks like its time for a new tank
IMG_20220407_144916682.jpg